• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Besides tactical firearms in Katy, who else will do a trust for you if you but a piece from them.

Tactical only has YHM can s for my 22 , and I'm looking fur silencerco sparrow.

This is not to debate about whether getting a private trust done by an atty is better. Obviously it is.

Just looking at other alternatives.

Have even read about people using willmaker and doing their own trust w no issues from ATF

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA
    Target Sports

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Penny wise and pound foolish. The last thing you want is the government finding any problem with your paperwork. Let a legal professional create it.
    I will recommend Sean Cody. His link is at the top.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If obummer has it his way it won't matter.

This ^^, spend your time calling/writing judges, district attorneys, or Greg Abbott to see who will sign the stinkin' forms. In a little more than a month a trust/LLC/corporation will be more trouble than applying for the transfer as an individual. If you haven't jumped into the trust pond already, it's too late.

Comment on how moronic the rule change is at the official comment site too, but don't hold your breath hoping the murderous commies who got DEA and BP agents killed to advance gun control, left their own to die in Libya, and took away health insurance from ~90 million Americans give a damn what you have to say.

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Ed, did you really think you'd get people here to tell you anything different than i already told you on the other message board? LOL!!!!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    A trust is a simple template that anyone can do at home or use an old vers of quiicken willmaker. Unless you are dealing with under age beneficiaries or some special needs there is no real need for an attorney if you are getting a couple of suppressors and a SBR. Now if you are getting into expensive full auto then ya I can see laying out another 300 bucks to have Cody do your stuff.

Sure everyone that ponied up the cash for a trust is going to tell you your a fool to not pay. If there was a MASS jailing of home trusts/quicken trusts or them being rejected left and right the stories would be all over the net. Sure you may find 1 or 2 of them out of how many nfa transactions done each year and I would bet most of those are posted from sleaze ball attorneys and no not the good ones that are out there so dont think I am calling anyone out :).

its up to you and consider if the SHTF if the contract was done by you or by an attorney its going to cost the same to fix it. I don;t think you want that contract attorney doing your battles in court and if you think that fee you paid covers anything other than a phone call for advice think again. Aint no way they are going to court for you for that cost.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Penny wise and pound foolish. The last thing you want is the government finding any problem with your paperwork. Let a legal professional create it.
    I will recommend Sean Cody. His link is at the top.

Also illegal under state law for someone who isn't a lawyer to do a trust for you.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had been wondering about that but have never seen the Statute. Do you have a link you can provide for my reference?

Defines "practice of law":
    Texas Government Code - Section 81.101. Definition - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

Requires membership in the Texas Bar to practice law:
    Texas Government Code - Section 81.102. State Bar Membership Required - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

When having a legal document prepared, try not to do it illegally.

Also, Alcede and his merry band in Katy are morons (besides the fact that they're practicing without a license every time they do a "free" trust for a customer, putting that person in some legal jeopardy) - avoid.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Defines "practice of law":
    Texas Government Code - Section 81.101. Definition - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

Requires membership in the Texas Bar to practice law:
    Texas Government Code - Section 81.102. State Bar Membership Required - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

When having a legal document prepared, try not to do it illegally.

Also, Alcede and his merry band in Katy are morons (besides the fact that they're practicing without a license every time they do a "free" trust for a customer, putting that person in some legal jeopardy) - avoid.

Thank you for that. I already have a Trust that was created by Sean. I just get friends asking to use it as a template to draw up their own for free. I haven't allowed it and knew it didn't seem like it would be legal to do without a law license but couldn't prove it. Now I can.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In the law it says specifically that providing a template is legal as long as you make it known that it's not a substitute for a real lawyer.

I'd have moral qualms to it based on the concept of intellectual property, though.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    All they are doing is giving you access to a will maker program. You create it, they have a notary in house, boom you've created a trust.

posted from my couch!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    All they are doing is giving you access to a will maker program. You create it, they have a notary in house, boom you've created a trust.

posted from my couch!

They're not filling it out for you? I was under the impression that was what the "free" trust involved.

Either way, Alcede and Tactical Firearms is a company that I'll be avoiding. You know their gunsmith threatened to kill me once? I LOL'd, because he's a pussy who could never hack it, but still... what a gaggle of douchebags.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    You know their gunsmith threatened to kill me once? I LOL'd, because he's a $#@! who could never hack it, but still... what a gaggle of douchebags.

I was there. Or here when that happened. Jeremy can suck a dick. He'll never get a single dime of my money.

In fact I just might write that into my Will. I have various Trusts set up and may just set up my dislike for Jeremy and his drools into perpetuity.

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    They're not filling it out for you? I was under the impression that was what the "free" trust involved.

Either way, Alcede and Tactical Firearms is a company that I'll be avoiding. You know their gunsmith threatened to kill me once? I LOL'd, because he's a $#@! who could never hack it, but still... what a gaggle of douchebags.

They do help you efile but a lot of places help you do that.

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom