• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Eh, if he wants to let him. I have done that with Ruger ar’s. When I got my mpr I rebuilt it with stag parts and certain things with the upper are out of spec but it’s not bad enough I can’t work around it. With how ak’s are made you can’t just redo certain things like you can with an ar.

Psa shouldn’t have let that leave the door. Ain’t the only company to do it or will. Shit happens. I won’t own another ruger ar again.

I’ll still order a psa ak at some point or a zastava in 223/5.56
    Military Camp

Tro_tro9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2022
    McKinny, Tx
    Just shot about 300 rounds through my blem psa ak gf3.

Flawless. Shot great…using an ultimak and an atibal red dot. Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Never had a problem with my PSA GF3, the thing literally never jammed even once and had great accuracy for 7.62x39, that was my experience though and stuff happens. With PSA getting so popular I don't doubt they could have some quality control issues. They should have handled your problem and request for return without question, that's not good when they start beating around the bush and will burn them if they're not careful.

I'm thinking about adding a WBP Jack AK to my collection, made in Poland. Anyone have one? I looked at the Zastava but I never really liked any of the Yugo guns. My Polish parts kit build from Meridian Defense is currently the only AK I now own, I've got to fix that.:green:

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The Polish have always produced good metal.

Anything true Polish is actually top tier. Ak snobs might disagree but when I worked for an 07 I learned off a Polish kit the standard for heat treat and temper. The poles also are really the only ones that can make cast trunnions reliably.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Never had a problem with my PSA GF3, the thing literally never jammed even once and had great accuracy for 7.62x39, that was my experience though and stuff happens. With PSA getting so popular I don't doubt they could have some quality control issues. They should have handled your problem and request for return without question, that's not good when they start beating around the bush and will burn them if they're not careful.

I'm thinking about adding a WBP Jack AK to my collection, made in Poland. Anyone have one? I looked at the Zastava but I never really liked any of the Yugo guns. My Polish parts kit build from Meridian Defense is currently the only AK I now own, I've got to fix that.:green:

I'm heavily eyeing the Jack myself. No experience with the Polish builds, but it seems they make top notch stuff.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    The clown show (PSA) continues. I was told that a shipping label would be provided to the FFL in 3 buisness days. This was on the 26th of Jan. It has been 7 business days , so I called my FFL who has been tracking this process and they have not received one. So back on the phone with another one of PSA's diversity hires (More on that later).

They told me that they did not have my FFLs email address even though I selected a FFL from their recommendations and that I would need to provide an email address for them. I asked why this was not mentioned to me previously via email or call. They state they did, but they did not. I've checked spam folders and looked through call logs. I got nothing. I call the FFL to get their email and call PSA again. This representative then tells me that they do not send shipping labels to the FFL, but to customer and that I needed to provide them with my email address to proceed. Even though all communications that I have received about the return including a case number has been through the same email that I provided again today. I was then told a label would be shipped to me in 3 buisness days again.

So PSA has absolutely dropped the ball again. Every single one of the CS representatives has been negligible. Not one of them has stated the same information and everyone of them has lied so far about contacting me. Names of the people vary from Lashonda to Tatiana. These people barely speak any correct English and all sound like they are extremely disinterested in helping. Clearly some diversity hires here. Which explains this whole process from top to bottom. Crappy gun, wrong gun, lies and dishonesty. I'll be shocked if I receive a shipping label this go around.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The clown show (PSA) continues. I was told that a shipping label would be provided to the FFL in 3 buisness days. This was on the 26th of Jan. It has been 7 business days , so I called my FFL who has been tracking this process and they have not received one. So back on the phone with another one of PSA's diversity hires (More on that later).

They told me that they did not have my FFLs email address even though I selected a FFL from their recommendations and that I would need to provide an email address for them. I asked why this was not mentioned to me previously via email or call. They state they did, but they did not. I've checked spam folders and looked through call logs. I got nothing. I call the FFL to get their email and call PSA again. This representative then tells me that they do not send shipping labels to the FFL, but to customer and that I needed to provide them with my email address to proceed. Even though all communications that I have received about the return including a case number has been through the same email that I provided again today. I was then told a label would be shipped to me in 3 buisness days again.

So PSA has absolutely dropped the ball again. Every single one of the CS representatives has been negligible. Not one of them has stated the same information and everyone of them has lied so far about contacting me. Names of the people vary from Lashonda to Tatiana. These people barely speak any correct English and all sound like they are extremely disinterested in helping. Clearly some diversity hires here. Which explains this whole process from top to bottom. Crappy gun, wrong gun, lies and dishonesty. I'll be shocked if I receive a shipping label this go around.
    I knew times have changed; I’ll bitch about the state of the industry. Something like this used to be simple.

Only time in my life I sent a gun back was early 2000’s, second gen Glock. Called Glock, sent it direct ups, they mailed back direct. They know I was full of it and ran hot ammo. They fixed it for free anyway.

That’s politics and people…can’t keep things simple.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I would never by a US-made AK over one from a country that made the original or a copy (i.e., Russia, Yugoslavia, China, etc.).

That said, the PSA AK has a decent reputation in the US. I don't know if that's mainly from those who don't collect the originals, but for certain they put out a better product than Century!

I have bought stuff from PSA in the past, such as ammo, red dots, etc. as they have fairly good deal; but will admit their shipping is extremly slow. In fact, I just picked up a SIG Sauer Romeo & Juliet red dot/magnifier combo I ended up getting off Amazon as it probably arrived a week earlier than had I bought it from PSA!

Plus, if I had to send them back (I'm not going to, but just in case!), it would be a lot easier dealing with Amazon than PSA!

It's similar to the two car batteries I had to buy last week. Walmart probably would have been cheaper, but Auto Zone provides better customer service so I went there. They tested and recharged one of my car batteries a few weeks ago free of charge. That was one of the reasons I went back to them when I needed to purchase a replacement, I like to reward businesses who take good care of their customers!!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've seen better IO/Century rifles then what I received from PSA. I figured I'd take a gamble on it since all the reviews appear good. When/if I get my money back I'm going after a WBP Jack or possibly a Zpap. Never again will I give PSA any money for anything. Complete joke of a company.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've seen better IO/Century rifles then what I received from PSA. I figured I'd take a gamble on it since all the reviews appear good. When/if I get my money back I'm going after a WBP Jack or possibly a Zpap. Never again will I give PSA any money for anything. Complete joke of a company.
    I get the feeling you're not much into second chances. :laughing:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not after all the BS they gave me. If they admitted they had messed up and sent the wrong rifle and didn't hassle me about trying to send it back I could look past that and still do buismess with them. Not now though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Not after all the BS they gave me. If they admitted they had messed up and sent the wrong rifle and didn't hassle me about trying to send it back I could look past that and still do buismess with them. Not now though.

And you expect better from Century?!?

My first M70AB2 from them had the worst canted sights I've ever seen on an AK. They did a shit job of righting them, looked like someone used a hammer to do it. Had it been not for the fact I could see it was repinned, I honestly suspected that is how they fixed it.

I also have a milled C39V1 (first gen) which is a ticking time bomb. I love the gun, but the receivers were made from shit metal and are known to have bolt problems...

1675812742358.png

That one had less than a thousand rounds through it. The usual solution is to replace it with a Polish 1960 milled bolt, and even then there are reports of them not headspacing.

It's too bad, as otherwise I loved the rifle. I put some Polish furniture on it, and it looks great. I just need to ensure it's not going to rip my face off when I shoot it!

By the way, the C39V2 didn't have any better of a reputation!

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    No I don't expect better from Century. Won't ever find out either. My comment about IO and Century was more of knock against PSA. Only combloc rifles for me from now on.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    No I don't expect better from Century. Won't ever find out either. My comment about IO and Century was more of knock against PSA. Only combloc rifles for me from now on.
    To be fair, io made an AK called the m214. It's a really well built AK. It was unlike the rest of their garbage.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom