• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There's a nice old guy at the SAXET show that has 'em, and there's a show next weekend up here in SA. If there's something you'd like me to look for, send me a PM!

Cheers! M2

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    There is an army surplus store at Rittiman and Eisenhower that had them priced between 10-25 bucks a few weeks ago. They will also bargain with you on their prices.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Odd thing happened this afternoon, I was on a toodle down a little-used road I sometimes frequent when I stopped at an old one-lane bridge for a break. Lo and behold, in the bushes below the bridge were some metal ammo cans! Odd, I thought, so I went to check them out. Well, considering all the rain we've had of late, they were in pretty much pristine condition. I'm talking about military marked 9mm and 5.56 cans with no rust, so they couldn't have been out there for too long.
    All I can say is that I did a good deed for Texas today and removed some rubbish from the side of the road!

My question is, why would anyone just toss such useful items?

Cheers! M2

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    A vendor at the SA gun show gave me a good deal. He was in the far corner at the front wall. Said he has a surplus shop in SA.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, I think that is the same guy I mentioned earlier. He's right past the bathrooms as you go into the SAXET show (straight back from the entrance, following along the front wall).

I would be curious as to which surplus shop he owns!

Still, can't beat the price I got today!

Cheers! M2

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Odd thing happened this afternoon, I was on a toodle down a little-used road I sometimes frequent when I stopped at an old one-lane bridge for a break. Lo and behold, in the bushes below the bridge were some metal ammo cans! Odd, I thought, so I went to check them out. Well, considering all the rain we've had of late, they were in pretty much pristine condition. I'm talking about military marked 9mm and 5.56 cans with no rust, so they couldn't have been out there for too long.
    All I can say is that I did a good deed for Texas today and removed some rubbish from the side of the road!

My question is, why would anyone just toss such useful items?

Cheers! M2

you could have removed a geocache. was there anything in them?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    If everyone wants a real good deal on ammo cans than a few of us need to go in together and bid on a DRMO auction. I have seen Pallets of them sell for around 2-4 dollars a can.

Top Bottom