• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    By the map, it looks to be on Hwy 6 at Clay. I don't live far from there, and have never seen it. Thanks for the referral.

You are right. If you are heading south on 6 it is in the shopping center right before Clay on the right behind the pawn shop. it is a hole in the wall, but he seemed to have good prices or be willing to beat quotes.

dmac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Collector's for sure. They have a case full of Kimbers and lots of the employees carry them. Yes...their prices are high, but there is no better place to go look. I buy about every third gun to "justify" all the window shopping I do there before buying somewhere else. Simply the largest selection of EVERYTHING I have ever seen.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Tomball had a very nice selection and I found exactly what I wanted. The pricing was a tad higher (bout $100 per) than the online stores but a lot cheaper than Gander Mountain ($200+).

Headed over to Hot Wells to start breaking this bad boy in. If you see a guy with a huge smile on his face, it might be me

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That's great!!

Keep in mind, buying on-line may have been $100 less for the gun, but you'd have shipping then FFL transfer fee. That may not be that much, but $40-$50 makes the price difference negligible considering you got to buy in person and support a local business.

Oh, what did you get??

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Which one did you get? I was eyeing a Raptor over there a while back and did not take the plunge, I went with the Kimber Warrior.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Gander Mountain's prices go from comical to absolutely insane.

I honestly think that the guys sit in the back of the store, knock back a 12 pack apiece and say things like "hey...lets price this at XXX and see who buys it!" I wish I could sell my ratty used guns at their prices - I'd have my kid's college already paid for! LOL

I guess there are enough lazy/unaware shoppers or people with last names like Gates, Rockefeller and Vanderbilt, to keep this store open. With this economy...I am surprised they are still able to keep the doors open.

Anyone go in there just to browse and laugh?

- brickboy240

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    I like to look at Gander, but that is usually it. I have seen a few deals there but I think that they are few and far between. The deals were on shotguns and I haven't seen any deals in the handgun rack.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I like to look at Gander, but that is usually it. I have seen a few deals there but I think that they are few and far between. The deals were on shotguns and I haven't seen any deals in the handgun rack.

The saving grace about Gander is they will price match any other dealer within a 50-mile radius, but you do have to bring in a hardcopy of an ad showing the other dealer's price. This can be useful if you don't want to deal with a specific shop, or if that shop doesn't have it in stock but has the price on their website.

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    That is good to know for purchasing new ones. Aside fom their honoring another stores advertised price, have you ever been able to make a deal on a used pistol?

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    here are my babies ...

DSCN0490.gif

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    That is good to know for purchasing new ones. Aside fom their honoring another stores advertised price, have you ever been able to make a deal on a used pistol?

The couple times I have inquired about used guns, they have seemed willing to discuss offers, but I wasn't really serious about buying so we never took it to the next level.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Sweet!! Let me guess, 2 Custom Stainless TLEII's, and Ultra Carry, and Covert...Sweet collection! How often do you shoot them???

Close, not TLE's though. Custom Stainless. The TLE has front strap checkering.

I just love that warning sticker on the right side Covert. Ya think???

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Very nice Kimbers!

I love my TLE II. Accurate and totally reliable.

You hear alot of bad press on the web about Kimbers, but every one I have shot was a wonderful pistol that I'd love to own.

- brickboy240

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You hear alot of bad press on the web about Kimbers...

What kind of bad stuff have you heard? Just curious. The only thing I have ever heard, and I don't know how valid it was or is, was that there were some problems with the older Kimbers that had an external extractor getting dirty and not functioning properly.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    What kind of bad stuff have you heard? Just curious. The only thing I have ever heard, and I don't know how valid it was or is, was that there were some problems with the older Kimbers that had an external extractor getting dirty and not functioning properly.

The EE was about a 1-2 year short lived disaster. To this day there are still EE guns out there running flawlessly, but many do not, and Kimber does not stock service parts for it, spring etc. Therefore, if you have one, call them up, send it back and they'll either replace the slide with a new IE slide or in a rare case, depnding on availabaility and production needs, they might just send you a new gun.

They back their stuff.....

Brett G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    I have a TLE II with an external extractor. It has always run fine with no problem. That said I wish it had a standard extractor so I could get a replacement nearly anywhere.

Brett
    IYAAYAS ret

Top Bottom