• ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I have Kimber's.

You may not find many "good" store that keep a large inventory. Most "dealers" buy through distributors. Carters Country is a dealer and a smaller local store. Gander Mountain, Cabellas Bass Pro are all dealers. I've seen a decent selection at Cabella's but they usually don't have the ones that make sense to have. They tend to keep the "cool" looking ones that catch new buyers eyes. How many average Joe's need a TLE/RL? Not many, but they always seem to push them on new buyers 'cause they're tacticool.

You need to find a Master Dealer. They have the clout with Kimber as well as the very best pricing from Kimber.

There is a Dealer locator on the front page of Kimbers site. Try this. I appears it's pulling all Houston area dealers with the zip I used. Kimber Dealer Locator

If you know what you want, and want a great deal, contact Sporting Arms at Welcome to SportingArms.com, your source for discount firearms, ammo, and accessories. Brands such as Browning, Kimber, Remington, Sigarms, Colt, Winchester and more.. Email or phone works. They're not far from me but do a ton of web business and are Master Dealers. It's Tom and Becky although Becky handles the day to day for the most part. Awsome people to deal with and great pricing and they'll ship to you're local FFL unless you want to drive to Lewisville.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The last time I was in Spectre Firearms (on Spring Cypress near 249), they had a decent selection of Kimbers. You might want to call before you haul.

I have to add, though, that Spectre did recently jack around a friend of mine on some night sights he'd purchased along with a new Kimber.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    It's not in the Houston area, but even with the FFL charges, I've never seen a lower price.

Check out www.chltx.com/KIMBERS.php

His website is kinda slow, but that's about the only downfall. I purchased an Ultra Carry and a Grand Raptor from him and he also did my CHL class. He's good people.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's not in the Houston area, but even with the FFL charges, I've never seen a lower price.

Check out www.chltx.com/KIMBERS.php

His website is kinda slow, but that's about the only downfall. I purchased an Ultra Carry and a Grand Raptor from him and he also did my CHL class. He's good people.

Not to rain on his parade, but a real Kimber Dealer will loose their affiliation with Kimber for advertising anything other than retail prices. They can sell for whatever they want to, but Kimber has a strict MAP policy. By throwing prices out there along with retail, it "appears" he's discounting quite a bit because dealer can't and don't do that. They might be decent pricing, but I can tell you this, a Master Dealer gets much better pricing.

Again, for DFW face to face or internet ordering, I'd still recommend Sporting Arms. Especially over someone that is either not a dealer, or has no respect for Kimber's dealer agreement.

I'm just say'n....

txtrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Check out Tomball Pawn, they sell new ones; I was recently in there and they had a few in stock and stated they were getting more in. The crew there is usually very helpful.

Ruggles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Tomball pawn has a nice selection and great prices.

Collectors Firearms has the best Kimber selection in Houston by far, no one is even close. Prices are higher there.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    The last time I was in Spectre Firearms (on Spring Cypress near 249), they had a decent selection of Kimbers. You might want to call before you haul.

I have to add, though, that Spectre did recently jack around a friend of mine on some night sights he'd purchased along with a new Kimber.

Sid (Spectre) is a Master Dealer, and his prices cant be beat on Kimbers. I work there in my spare time, and am sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience as they are a great bunch of guys, and have seen them bend over backwards to make things right, if you wouldnt mind can you shoot me a pm about it?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Sid (Spectre) is a Master Dealer, and his prices cant be beat on Kimbers.

Which is exactly why I sent my friend there...I was pleasantly surprised to see such a low price on the Kimber he was looking for. I've responded to your PM. Thanks!

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I second Tomball Pawn. I bought my TLE II there and it was tons cheaper than any other place around Houston.

Tomball Pawn has very good prices, overall and they won't scalp you blind on a trade, either.

- brickboy240

Castrolr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Collectors firearms has the biggest selection of guns in the city.. it's like going to the gun show

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    When i was looking for a pro carry I found a little store on Hwy 6 north of I10. He did not have any in stock, but he beat every place I calle din houston. It is called "A Gun Shop" 281.656.2515

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    When i was looking for a pro carry I found a little store on Hwy 6 north of I10. He did not have any in stock, but he beat every place I calle din houston. It is called "A Gun Shop" 281.656.2515

By the map, it looks to be on Hwy 6 at Clay. I don't live far from there, and have never seen it. Thanks for the referral.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I have two Kimbers. Custom II and the SIS Ultra J is right, Sporting Arms in Lewisville will do you right.

I thought you ended up buying somewhere else? Maybe it's just bad peyote again....... :p

If you did, I really need to go sit down and discuss a store credit program considering how many people I've sent to them.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    My favorite place for Kimber is the monthly gun show in Austin; I'll be you have a gun show in your area. I picked a NIB Ultra Carry II for $675, $100 below my local gunshop and $25 under the big shop in Austin ... and the folks I got it from had about 20 NIB Kimbers in their display ...

crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    I thought you ended up buying somewhere else? Maybe it's just bad peyote again....... :p

If you did, I really need to go sit down and discuss a store credit program considering how many people I've sent to them.
    I bought mine from Jims in Frienswood.However, I have been talking to Becky about prices and you are right they are by far the best. If I had listened to you in the first place I would have saved myself at least $100 on each gun

Top Bottom