• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Just got back from the range. Because of the howling winds, I kept it short and shot at the 100yd line to try some new ammo. I bought 1200 rnds of some Turkish ZSR 5.56 and it's actually decent ammo. Took my new Bren 2 out last time and shot 3 moa with Federal xm193 and that's about average for the platform being a short stroke piston. Today I put all 5 rnds in a 1 inch square at 100. Much better groupings. That rifle loves it. It also shot well in my wife's Keltec RDB. For 27 cents a round, this stuff is golden.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I'm in the market for an AR alternative. I look forward to your observations of the Bren 2 in 5.56.
    Only 400 rounds roughly down the pipe, but it's night and day nicer than any of my AR's. Pulling an AR charging handle just feels gross now. The BCG glides back in forth in the reciever effortless with zero rubbing noises. It shot well today but expect 2 to 3 moa. The carbine has a thicker barrel and different gas system. The stock gas plug is from HB Industies and is drilled for suppressed (small hole) normal, and adverse. It will cycle brass at 5 o clock on the suppressed setting without a supressor, but steel doesn't have enough oomph. Probably perfect gas ports. 2 to 3 o clock on normal setting. It kicks less than an AR 15 or an RDB by a large margin. Not that 5.56 guns kick. I love it, but the lack of parts availability is concerning. The war in Ukraine seems to be eating all the extra parts from what I can tell. I'm also looking at a MIKE 15 just for the fact it uses ar barrels and bolt head.
    Just depends on how much you shoot to how important that is.
    20221130_192945.jpg
    20221130_195358.jpg

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Nice cool day for a range trip.

Sighted in the new Vortex. It's unfortunate that Mossberg discontinued this variation of MVP. It's been a great rifle.
    20230120_153958.jpg

Looks like I need to move the Glock adjustable target sights a little to the right. Other than that, I'm liking my new Glock 34.
    20230120_160328.jpg

Lonestar upgraded their rimfire steel range.
    20230120_163516.jpg

I found this 6.5 Creedmoor round on the ground. I hope it isn't some sort of upside down pineapple or candy bar in my cell kind of situation....
    20230120_165619.jpg

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Put a few holes in some paper with the Mk9 and the Taurus today. Threw a Bushnell TRS-25 on the carbine for now until I can afford a big boy optic. Need to find my wife a pistol she can shoot. The G2C is a little snappy for her but she’s also very inexperienced. She can drive tacks with an AR or a SCAR though. Any day at the range is a good day.

fd77e52d2970ceaf397d128fa29cfd42.jpg

07fff4bb62825a39375674292c3f474f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Put a few holes in some paper with the Mk9 and the Taurus today. Threw a Bushnell TRS-25 on the carbine for now until I can afford a big boy optic. Need to find my wife a pistol she can shoot. The G2C is a little snappy for her but she’s also very inexperienced. She can drive tacks with an AR or a SCAR though. Any day at the range is a good day.

fd77e52d2970ceaf397d128fa29cfd42.jpg

07fff4bb62825a39375674292c3f474f.jpg

Ruger SR9s are very easy shooting. The only 9mm pistol I've found more comfortable to shoot is a Browning Hi-Power.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Ruger SR9s are very easy shooting. The only 9mm pistol I've found more comfortable to shoot is a Browning Hi-Power.

I’ll have to see if I can get my hands on an SR9 for her to try. I was thinking she may do well with something full size like a Glock 17, beretta 92 or even a 1911 chambered in 9mm. Or maybe a 38 wheel gun. For now I think I’m gonna get her a 22 just to get the mechanics down.

Her other issue is she’s right handed but left eye dominant. Not a huge problem with pistols but with rifles she’s trying to learn to shoot from her left shoulder. She did pretty well with that so far. We borrowed a scar for her to shoot last year that she did great with shooting on her natural side. However that had a nice eotech on it so it was easy for her to shoot with both eyes open. I don’t have eotech money right now lol.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I’ll have to see if I can get my hands on an SR9 for her to try. I was thinking she may do well with something full size like a Glock 17, beretta 92 or even a 1911 chambered in 9mm. Or maybe a 38 wheel gun. For now I think I’m gonna get her a 22 just to get the mechanics down.

Her other issue is she’s right handed but left eye dominant. Not a huge problem with pistols but with rifles she’s trying to learn to shoot from her left shoulder. She did pretty well with that so far. We borrowed a scar for her to shoot last year that she did great with shooting on her natural side. However that had a nice eotech on it so it was easy for her to shoot with both eyes open. I don’t have eotech money right now lol.

If you two make to one of the shoots up in the NE part of the state, she can try mine.

Top Bottom