• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The drought for an outdoor range is over for me..... went to Corpus Christi pistol and rifle this morning and was the only one on the Range.
    20220118_102739.jpg

20220118_094320.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Just remedied another failing on my part - going on a range trip with a brand new shooter - had not done that in about 2 years or so! Went to a range in or near Sherwood, AR this past weekend with my son and his girlfriend. She never shot before and my son wanted me to instruct her for her first shots. He had already covered a lot of safety stuff with her and he could have done as good a job as me teaching her to shoot but I guess he figured somehow I'd be better. She shot really well and I am not about to add on 'for a newbie' because she shot better than a few folks I know who have been shooting for 30 years or more. She started off with one of my Glock 19s, moved onto Iver Johnson Sealed 8 Target revolver, then an H&K VP9SK and then a Glock 21 (45ACP) before going back to the Glock 19 for a bit.

1642533301779.png

That's her shooting the Sealed 8. Most of the shots in the target are 9mm from the Glock 19 that she shot just before the Iver Johnson Sealed 8 Target revolver. She liked shooting them all; although, after shooting the Glock 21 (45ACP) she said the web between the thumb and forefinger on her right hand hurt a bit. She also said she is looking forward to shooting again.

My son put her target up and I was pleased to see he remembered one of the simplest and most basic things about helping to assure a new shooter hits center mass (or close to it) with those first shots - have the blank side of the paper face the shooter.

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    I'm in the same bucket as many on here, price and mainly availability of ammo has prevented me from going too often. I am looking into bullet casting however and that might change the availability aspect of it at least.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    You guys are starting to depress me. I was at the Boswell porter Shotgun range in Snook, TX this last weekend and they let adults shoot along with the kids. Shotguns of course. We shoot at least 500 rounds of Fiocchi and Federal 12 gauge rounds.

Attachments

• 20220122_083854.jpg
      20220122_083854.jpg
      950.5 KB · Views: 86

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Beautiful morning for the range.........

No one there but me....too bad for them...............

Colt M4 3X32 ACOG and Q Thunderchicken

Aero Precision .308 Athlon Cronus BTR and Silencerco Spec War

Savage 93 Bushnell and Ruger Silent SR

Ruger 10/22 Target, Bushnell and GemTech Integrally suppressed Barrel

I am liking retirement............

20220211_113045.jpg

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Too cold and not enough oomph to walk thru the snow at the range.

But I do need to get out my 10/22 Varmint pea shooter, and my new Ruger 22/45 Lite that I haven't shot since I put a Volquartsen tigger in...

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Just went today. Cold windy morning, front passing through. We were the only people at the whole range (outdoor). Everybody else was probably huddled by their fireplace. It wasn't bad, 45F outside, 28G35KT but we used enough weights to keep the targets from blowing over. LOL
    Got to try my new .45 loads and introduce my buddy's GF to shooting. She was apprehensive at first but got very proud that she could put some rounds on paper.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom