• ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    I went to the pistol range on Tuesday. I try to go at least once a month. Now, I’m trying to remember the last time I shot rifles, and it was probably April or May last year.
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Went again this morning and took a friend........very humid and wet but otherwise cool morning with light winds..........only 2 other shooters......

20220415_091725_710d3d8a351e181f2c648b4eb4684b7e6e5f7f69.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    About 6 hrs ago for me... and before that about a week... but... it had been a long drought before that and I own my own range!!

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Well the only range I am doing now is taking my daughter to her shotgun practices at Greater Houston club, Westside shooting club, and American Shooting center all shotgun ranges doing sporting clay, skeet, five stand, and trap. As for other ranges, ammo prices from these rip off outlets have halted it for now.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Got to the range Thursday evening after another too long of an abscense. Brought along a Charter Arms Pathfinder revolver in 22 WMR, a new Glock 19 GEN3, and a virtually new HK VP9SK.

The HK is a nice shooter but has a bit too much trigger travel & a bit of creep. It also has what I think is a problematic mag release due to ergonomics, it was very difficult for me to activate the mag release with the thumb of my strong hand and I almost dropped the pistol twice. I then used my weak hand thumb to push the mag release lever down. So different from others it would take me a long time before I retrained my muscle memory not to revert to trying to release a mag as on all my other psitols than getting it right on this one, at least in a high adrenaline situation. Very nice pistol otherwise; I liked the trhee white dot sight system, the way the grip felt was oaky by me (as it is with most handguns I have fired), takedown fo'r cleaning was very easy - except for the issue with the mag release I might carry it. I shot 59 rounds at this target, two full 10 round mags and three full 13 round mags. One mag of 10 and one of 13 from the 3 yard line and likewise for the 7 yard line and one mag of 13 from the 15, all standing two hand unsupported. The shots outside the X ring (not marked) were from the 15, the others went through the big hole.

HK VP9SK First Shots 3 & 7 yards, 59 rds. yards June 24, 2022.jpg

The Glock 19 (my thrird current one) was as to be expected, also a nice shooter. I like them some don't. This is 20 shots (it came with two 10 round mags so I used them) all from the 15 yard line.

Glock 19 Gen3 3rd First Shots 15 yards June 24, 2022 (1).jpg

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I was at the range a couple of weeks ago. but it was the first time in far too long. It showed too.

The range I used to go to has turned into a real circus.
    It seems like once people were released from Covid lockdown, a lot to them flooded to this range. Most of them obviously have never handled a firearm and most of those lack the common sense to learn.
    To top it off, nobody at that range seems interested in enforcing any of the rules there.

A newer range opened on the south side and it seems well run so I have started going there when I can make time.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    man if I could I go every day at a dollar down range per shot my fixed income can't handle that.
    This year I've been shooting less often than last year with fewer rounds per trip. I had planned to spend much more time reloading and shooting in retirement but prices and availability of primers has scaled things down.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom