• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garzanium

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Hello all,

Just sitting here watching The story of US on the History Channel and smoking one of my favorites, Perdomo Lot 23. Any fellow shooters enjoy good cigars? I like to visiting cigar shops, one of my favorites Fumee in Cedar Park. What are your favorite smokes and do you frequent any Cigar shops? Feel free to PM me, I'd like to smoke a good cigar and talk guns and 2nd ammendment sometime. God Bless.
    Lynx Defense

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    not as much as i used to, regular smoke was usually La Gloria Cubano Maddy's. but i like just about anything thats a maduro and like experimenting...i particulary like the fuentes hemingways, and my favorite all time smoke (at least so far) are the Padron 64 anniversarios....

garzanium

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Nice, great stuff. I agree with the Padron 64th being the best hands down. Last one I had was at my wedding. La Gloria R is a great smoke as well. It was my favorite smoke till I ran into Perdomo and Tatuaje. Hi-CAP, I'll have to try a few of those listed. Have only had a few from your list, Gurkah being one of my favorites.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I smoke cigars. All. The. Time.

A lot of the cigars mentioned are good, here's a lesser known one: try the Illusione 88 cigars. They're great.

I like a lot of C.A.O.'s blends. Their new La Tratiata or however they're spelling it blend is really good. LX2s, Americas, Brazilias...

garzanium

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Clockwork,
    I had a gentleman at a cigar lounge say the same, he smokes a lot of C.A.O. Which is similar in flavor to that classic Nicaragua spicy padron/perdomo taste?

I had 6 Illusione cigars last month. They had an event at Fumee. I liked the flavor, but not as punchy and flavorful as I like, and I hated the fact that they did not burn evenly. That was a big complaint for a lot of people as well.

sprale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I've been smoking cigars for the last few years occasionally, began stocking up last year. Nothing amazing yet, but some nice smokes IMO. Favorites have been Siglo IV and X, gone through almost a dozen at least this year. I've had a few others that have been enjoyable, mostly mild-to-medium; R&J, Montecristo (Cuban ones seem to be the same to me), 898, Arturo Fuente, Rocky Patel Summer 09 (like this one), Tempus Imperator...

Finding time to sit and finish one is harder than find a nice cigar lately...

derdek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm a big fan of anything Avo, though I wasn't the biggest fan of the 09 LE. My favorite is probably the Domaine. A few others that I've found that I really enjoy are the La Flor Dominicana Coronado and Rocky Patel's Edge Lite. I usually like to hit up Heroes and Legacies' bargain bin when I feel like experimenting.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i love a good cigar, but if i went to a store i wouldn't be able to pick one out.... i have tried.

usually when i smoke one it is one that is offered to me.

personally i'm more of a pipe man. i smoke mainly the house blends @ 'The Tobacco Haus' Here in New Braunfels. if you ahvent been there, do yourself a favor and go next time you are int he area, they moved form down town to nex tdoor tot he movie theater.

Zoso is my fav blend, other that that, i enjoy dry nasal snuff. the strong tobacco-y ones the mentholated kind and even some of the floral & perfumed snuffs.

but when i am just in it for some nicotine - (drunk on vodka or beer mainly) it is a big pinch of F.U.B.A.R. 'Grunt' in each nose-hole and a nice hand rolled bugler that i always seem to fall back on.

in any case, shooting and smoking go together like shooting and drinking.
    err wait.
    smoking and shooting go together like drinking and smoking.
    yeah thats it.
    just different kind of smoking for me.

Pipe - shooting
    cigar-cigarette - drinking

thats jsut me though i liek to be able to set down my smoke for those shots that take extra concentration.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Just had some La Gloria series R show up from the delivery guy a couple of days ago...Oliva, Montecristo, and some Baccarats joined them in the humidor...should be a good Memorial Day weekend!

I am a sour puss, thats why I need the Bacc's...LOL

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    okay lots of us smoke cigars. We all like a bargain and tell others on this forum when a rifle, pistol, or ammo is on sale. Not trying to hijack this thread but lets discuss best place and price to buy our smokes. If you want me to start another thread I gladly will do it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I smoked regularly a few years back but hadn't for some time until recently. Just bought a new humidor a few weeks ago and got it all set up and stocked last week. Some of my personal favorites are:

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Series
    Oliva "V" Series
    Just about anything Ghurka

I have some Rocky Patel Vintage 1990's that I will be trying this weekend. Heard lots of good things about them. As for shopping, I usually go with Cigars International. They are better priced than most and their customer service is top notch.

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    hey men I had a cigar/tobacco shop for fourteen years and can still buy wholesale if you can put an order together i will order for you. i will also show you how to see the prices. Not looking for a profit, just for the pleasure that we all enjoy.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Big fan of Rocky Patel, just smoked a Decade this weekend, GREAT stick! I also have most of a box of the 1999's sitting in the humidor. The CAO Sopranos cigars are pretty damn good too. I am trying to find a "cheaper" cigar that holds up to the Patel/CAO/Gurkha standard....

Top Bottom