Who is looking forward to Ruger manufacturing Marlin lever guns - "Rumlins"

wbblazer90

Nov 18, 2014
For me Ruger has always manufactured quality products. If the price is right I'll get one. Gotta be better than the Remlins of the 2010s.

"Rumlins" - copyright and coined by @wbblazer 2/21

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
I too have been thinking of buying a new lever action rifle but I think not a Marlin (unless and old beauty). If a new one, it would probably be a Henry. Of course, I am interested to see exactly what Ruger does with the Marlin name and what guns they put out under it. If they look good, I might be tempted to try one out after some reviews by other who bought them first. If I get one it would have to be in 22 WMR or 35 REM though.

NWFA

Jun 29, 2013
I didn’t know that ruger bought marlin? However, I only buy “JM” rifles so I guess it’s not an issue. I do want XLR 45-70 and maybe that’s easier to find

Glenn B

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 5, 2019
Texarkana Area
I didn’t know that ruger bought marlin? However, I only buy “JM” rifles so I guess it’s not an issue. I do want XLR 45-70 and maybe that’s easier to find
Ruger was the high bidder for Marlin when the several divisions of Remington were divvied up after Remington's demise.

wbblazer90

Nov 18, 2014
Lets hope they do 454 casull lever gun to pair up with a super redhawk. I also wonder if they will try to resurrect the 480 ruger by offering one in that caliber

Id hope they would do a 460 and 500 as well but I wont hold my breath on that one
A 500 SW or 45-70 would be great. However, ruger is known for it’s mim casting to save on costs. If they go that route, I’m not sure their investment casting would hold up to a lot of those chamber pressures.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads