Venture Surplus ad

Who Is Preparing For The USA To Become The Next Venezuela?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who Is Preparing For The USA To Become The Next Venezuela?

• I'm preparing; it's coming soon, too many things already short or unavailable & inflation's here

Votes: 10 17.9%
    • I'm not preparing, the USA will never become like Venezuela or like any other third world nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I'm preparing not only because of our economy but because of the coming WWIII, eye on China

Votes: 5 8.9%
    • I always try to prepare at least somewhat for the long term

Votes: 37 66.1%
    • I never try to prepare, even somewhat, for the long term

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Should our economy tank, I only intend to leech off others or get what I need by any means

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I do a bit of preparing, for any just in case scenario. But do I go full doomsday, nah. I was brought up raising/growing our own food, fishing and hunting was a regular ordeal. If s*** was to hit the fan, I could live comfortable for years, without electricity or any other modern convenience.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Me, thousands of rounds, food, water, etc. Let it come, we may die but we don't care any more.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Some of you guys forgot the 70s.
    Right. This cycle is very similar. Things are going to get worse, but not Venezuela level nation wide. That will be localized to the blue shitholes. Some interesting geopolitical things changing too, but once past the pain of that I think things will be for the better.

It's just past time to be self sufficient again. It's always good to have a few extra things of anything you might need on hand.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Here‘s the next shortage...

Damn that's the second fire (at least) at one of their facilities in the last few years. It took months pre-covid for them to start coming back to normal capacity. Post-COVID era? It could be years before they recover...

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    When the 'Rona hit, the lady and kids were freaking out...
    I said:
    1) We got this, we have enough food to ride out ~6 months, if we can still buy veggies, and have running water, and we know where the water sources are. Buy what is left, eggs were available in 18 packs... the dumb-arses... WE ALREADY HAD stocked rice, beans spices, canned meat, etc... Hell I found an ADDITIONAL 20lb bag of rice I didn't even know I put away over 2 years BEFORE COVID-19 hit...
    2) We have enough ammo and reloading components to last us until 2 years from now, even if we have a few fire-fights. Dillon XL 650 Press bought Jan 2012...
    3) We have enough guns for every family member to pack more than 2 guns, and a shotgun, AND a .22lr semi-auto rifle for suppressive fire, which we can afford to let them be supressed, even if we HAD to shoot a LOT of it...
    4) The kids, you, and I shoot better, and more than the majority of the gen-pop that might be around with malice, due to practice.

While the panicking gen-pop was filling carts, I already had ordered a case of TP from the Internet, and only carried out a hand basket of veggies cheap bread, and eggs... well some diet tonic water too... in 2-litres of course...

As long as we are ahead of the gen-pop curve by a lot and nobody knows... we were in a WAY better place.

I overheard the neighbors talking (heard from inside my house, they were outside and they were talking VERY loudly), and louder than they probably should have been at the beginning of the 'Rona, and it went something like this...
    Dude) Look what I got
    Wife) What is it?
    Dude) It's 9 "milimeter" ammo...
    Wife) Why did you get so many?!
    Dude) It only a box of 20... (or was it 25?)

So 20-25 SD/HD ammo is most likely all they had/have... IN A PANDEMIC!!!
    Meanwhile I was cranking the handle reloading 400/hour MINIMUM 9mm, but 124gr, not 115gr,
    55gr and 62gr green tipped 5.56, working up to FULL-HOUSE 158gr semi-jacketed .357 Magnum reloads and all these at over 200/hour MINIMUM.

Stack stuff when the getting is good, not in lean-times...

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Damn that's the second fire (at least) at one of their facilities in the last few years. It took months pre-covid for them to start coming back to normal capacity. Post-COVID era? It could be years before they recover...
    Ya, and in the battery thread they were discussed as being one of the better manufacturers if I recall correctly

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Ya, and in the battery thread they were discussed as being one of the better manufacturers if I recall correctly

Yup. They were our supplier when I was in that business - and their fire a few years ago caused big disruption and we had to sell inferior parts for a while.

Its not hard to see how a fire can start in a place full of caustic / explosive materials but damn.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Every generation has their issues of some sort. The polio thingy was one of mine. Most everyone got the vaccination.
    Mom had polio in 1915. We got the shots (2), and the sugar cubes!
    Coming from older Parents, and being poor we were always 'prepping'. Scavenged the dumps for things others had given up on, and learned how to make them work! 4 broken washers turned into one working one and 2 crates of parts. (Mom used it over 20 years!).
    Dad taught me how to file and blue a warped head, in the side yard.
    If SHTF, I plan to live well on the things that get abandoned because no one knows how to fix things!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Coming from older Parents, and being poor we were always 'prepping'. Scavenged the dumps for things others had given up on, and learned how to make them work! 4 broken washers turned into one working one and 2 crates of parts. (Mom used it over 20 years!).
    If SHTF, I plan to live well on the things that get abandoned because no one knows how to fix things!
    Amen! O'm more of a pack-rat than scavenger, because I'm afraid of throwing something away, that might have a few parts on them I might need later on.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Remember the scar that folks used to get when they were vaccinated?

Pepperidge Farms remembers…

2eeb4b9f80db81c921aafefc064728da.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom