Guns International

Who keeps their gun / accessories boxes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I keep them. There was a Mossberg shotgun box and a 10/22 box I think I got rid of just because they weren’t anything special and the long gun boxes are harder to store.
    Long boxes under a bed. Handgun boxes overflowing in a drawer over to a shelf.
    Target Sports

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I was at an auction a couple years ago and watched the empty boxes sell for almost as much the gun did that went in it.

I keep my boxes.

I have tried to give away long gun boxes on here several times, and couldn't even give them away.

I put boxes to several long guns in my recycle bin last week.

thomasmuller

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2021
    DFW
    I like to keep everything as original as possible, guns or otherwise...If I modify anything I like the ability to go back to OEM stock. I keep everything!

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I keep mine with the manual inside. I take it a step further all my electronics boxes I save (must admit didn't save 70" TV box).

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    I have an original stainless Colt Delta Elite Gold Cup in 10mm with the original styrofoam container it was shipped in with the original paperboard box/cover. I have all the original documentation in the sealed plastic bag that's never been opened. Because of all of that and the fact that the gun is in like new shape, I've been offered boocoo's of money several times for the gun. I plan on giving it, and all my guns to my two sons when the time comes. I never really realized how many collectors want everything the gun shipped with from the factory and are willing to pay extra for that.

chasentx19

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Little Elm
    Personally I like to keep everything the rifle/pistol comes with from the factory. It helps a lot with resale value and helps keep everything organized.

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    Just wondering who keeps the boxes their firearms come in and why?

Do you discern between plastic or cardboard?

Rifle or pistol?

If you lost them in a boating accident, do you still keep the boxes?

Eotech or acog boxes?

I guess this question does not refer to ones you “plan” on reselling / collector’s items.

Where do you draw the line?
    I have every gun box or case ive ever purchased! My wife hates it but ive always valued those differently then boxes for other things i buy.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Plastic boxed keep. Cardboard goes in the recycle or gets burned unless we're talking a classic, or likely-to-be a classic. Gotta have something to take guns to the range in, may as well be a nice plastic case.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Boxes add value just depends on how long you have to wait. Who thought a Single Six would be a collector's item in 1965? It is to me.

C6-AE0-D43-D768-4-D94-AEE3-CF0-A0-BD33-ABF.jpg

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I save most all boxes, and every once in a while I nest them to save space (boxes into boxes). I do this mostly because I move a lot and some items just ship better when in their original packaging. I've noticed it does come in handy when I decide to sell something before I move...the original boxes and instructions etc usually leads to a quick sale at slightly better than garage sale prices.

Last edited:

nairb2580

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Ive always kept the boxes and if I make a trade the box goes with it. No real reason as to why but I always have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom