• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Got a whole pork loin at Costco and cut it up into thirds.

Put a "mild BBQ" rub on one and the brown sugar rub I used on my ribs on the other. Did that last night to marinate in the fridge.

Put these on around noon. Cooking at 250, doing one fat side up and one fat side down to experiment. Going to pull them at 150 and then tent for around 20 min.

Figuring on 4-5 hours but I don't have an exact time I need them to be done by.

20200718_121214.jpg

I had a buddy that used to run a food truck in Austin that had some amazing BBQ. One of his offerings was espresso rubbed smoked pork loin and that got me hooked. I want to replicate his recipe next time I do these.

What's your favorite pork loin recipe?
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• 20200718_121214.jpg
      20200718_121214.jpg
      440.2 KB · Views: 278

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I love to do pork loin on the grill. Very good meat, no waste, foolproof to cook. I just rub with whatever I have on hand and cook with indirect heat until internal temp is 150-155. Let it rest and slice it up. It's always a hit.

Pork Loin 1.jpg

Pork Loin 2.jpg

Attachments

• Pork Loin 1.jpg
      Pork Loin 1.jpg
      2.1 MB · Views: 308
    • Pork Loin 2.jpg
      Pork Loin 2.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 259

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Bourbon Brown Sugar Smoked Pork Loin from a YouTube video.
    need: an approx 2.5-3.5# pork loin (get it in one piece if you can), 4 slices of smoked bacon, about 8 oz of mustard (vid recommends Dijon), butter, brown sugar - probably also 8 oz each. And whiskey - I used Wild Turkey American Honey - more of a liqueur booze. Also salt, pepper, & paprika (along with some of the brn sugar equal parts of the 4 components)is what I used as per vid for a dry rub - or use your favorite dry rub. Also cotton twine - probably 4 one foot lengths (or 10-12 ft of kite string like I did). Set the components out separate from your main stash (eg the bag of brn sugar) 'cause you'll wind up getting a pinch of sugar with hands that reek of pig & trichinosis. (detailed step by step available but lengthy here:)

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Turned the grill down to 200 because they're already up to the low 110s and I want to drag this out a few more hours. I'll tweak as needed.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm seeing that. Part of the experimentation process I suppose. I'm stretching it some but they're going to be done soon. I figure if I had kept them at 250 they'd have been done in about 2 hours total.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    1 pound roll breakfast sausage
    Seasoned croutons
    Chuchy apple sauce
    Combine the above, Double butterflied boneless pork loin & lay out flat the pound out some. Spread stuffing & roll up jelly roll style & tie.

Another one is
    Roasted garlic
    fine diced shallots olive oil
    cracked pepper spread inside double butterflied loin with spinach rolled & tied.

Use to do these when I had a smoker.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Homemade canadian bacon is really my favorite way to do boneless pork loins.

On the humorous side when I worked out in Missouri City I had a customer bitching she could find no pork chops. I asked if she wanted boneless or bone in & that just confused her more, so I was her over to the pork section.

This women goes full blown crazy telling me she wants pork chops not no damn lion chops!

Top Bottom