TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    are you sure, you want to see?
    This is why Whiskey exists, at least Irish whiskey:

1623716530022.png

To wake up in the morning, in her arms, even drunker than when you found her the night before would be a blessing!

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Old? How about classic? Have a few, not counting muzzleloaders.

Replica 1873 Trapdoor carbine.
    M1881 Swiss Vetterli converted to centerfire
    M1888 Kropatschek
    2 M1888 "Mausers" (Mannlichers)
    M1886 Mannlicher
    Pre WWI M1891 Moisin Nagant
    2 1907 Winchesters in 351 WSL, one early production, one last year of production
    1905 Winchester in 35 WSL
    Standard Arms Model M (for manual, a pump) in 25 Remington.
    1893 Marlin in 32/40
    1892 Winchester in 38 WCF

Other odds and ends.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Model 8, or is it an 81, looks to be in great condition for an old timer like that. What caliber is it?
    Model 8, circa 1914. It's in great condition, and has so far functioned perfectly.

It's chambered in .30 Rem, which is fairly pleasant to shoot in that gun. I think most of the complaints about heavy recoil are for the ones chambered in 35 Rem or in the case of the 81, 300 Savage.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    So, a friend of mine turned up at the range the other day with this...

View attachment 261203

Silky smooth bolt and still prints nicely at 100 yards. Honestly, the quality and workmanship on the Krag is staggering. Who is still keeping the old girls alive? Is there much appetite for the old ladies in Texas?

In my collection I’ve a 1914 SMLE, ‘42 No.4Mk1, ‘40 K98, ‘43 Remington 03A3, ‘43 Mosin Nagant turned carbine in 1959.

Show ‘em if you’ve got them.
    How old are we talking?
    ed6.jpg
    DSC_0042-sized.jpg
    DSC_0064-sized.jpg
    DSC_0053.jpg

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I’m ashamed to post this after MadJohn, but, here are a couple oldish ones. The 1873 is the most senior, being from 1890.

View attachment 261731
    Ashamed???!!! NEVER be ashamed of YOUR guns! Even if you have only one. It is YOURS and YOU cherish them. That IS what IS important. I never want my collection to be seen as being superior or to make ANYONE feel they have to compare. I am ONLY more than willing to share pictures and information on what I do and have collected, researched for a long time.
    I feel bad that any of our members feel otherwise. WE are all friends here. I am an open book that loves to share what I have, even from behind enemy lines.
    ALL the best......... John

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Ashamed???!!! NEVER be ashamed of YOUR guns! Even if you have only one. It is YOURS and YOU cherish them. That IS what IS important. I never want my collection to be seen as being superior or to make ANYONE feel they have to compare. I am ONLY more than willing to share pictures and information on what I do and have collected, researched for a long time.
    I feel bad that any of our members feel otherwise. WE are all friends here. I am an open book that loves to share what I have, even from behind enemy lines.
    ALL the best......... John
    It was said in jest. I love my guns and the history they represent. I really enjoy seeing the weapons and the stories you share with us.

We are all at different points in our lives, and it’s nice to glimpse down the roads we didn’t take.
    Thank you for sharing.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I love the OLD stuff! Probably because I am old too and time is running out. I have only several "reproductions" only one of which I shoot because I cannot afford an original of that one. I have purchased a few of the Colt Heritage Second Generation cased sets and put them away. I do shoot the rest of my guns, not all at one time! The cleaning would be exhausting. I fire my original flintlocks and muskets with care and absolute safety. They were made to be fired in the way they were designed back in their day. Pure NOSTALGIA and it tells a story that nothing else can tell me personally.
    John

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    It was said in jest. I love my guns and the history they represent. I really enjoy seeing the weapons and the stories you share with us.

We are all at different points in our lives, and it’s nice to glimpse down the roads we didn’t take.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Many Thanks! The hunt for then next piece is sometimes a story in itself Many want to see the piece and just as many want to know how I got it. Sometimes it is by chance other time it is a chase. Alot like hunting so many times you come up empty handed and more often than not with an empty wallet..... lol

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Just out of curiosity, where is that incompetently baffled range?

Baffled ranges can be great but when they're designed by people who either don't know what they're doing or don't have the money to do them right, you get crap like this. I'd like to know where it is so I can avoid ever going there.

Not baffles, barricades. This range has had urban sprawl try to shut them down multiple times, even though the range was there several decades before. That's not stopping the city from trying though

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Not baffles, barricades. This range has had urban sprawl try to shut them down multiple times, even though the range was there several decades before. That's not stopping the city from trying though
    There used to be places to shoot near me. The surrounding property gas been purchased and subdivided. Then petitioned to the State to close the ranges in favor of "public" safety by building homes right up to the range property. The only outdoor ranges left is with the Illinois State Rifle Association and those are at least 100 miles from where I live.
    Y'all come and enjoy Illinois! See our Governor "Fred Flintstone" and the Chicago Democrat Proletariat Mob.....

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    There used to be places to shoot near me. The surrounding property gas been purchased and subdivided. Then petitioned to the State to close the ranges in favor of "public" safety by building homes right up to the range property. The only outdoor ranges left is with the Illinois State Rifle Association and those are at least 100 miles from where I live.
    Y'all come and enjoy Illinois! See our Governor "Fred Flintstone" and the Chicago Democrat Proletariat Mob.....

The city can get far more tax money from a huge subdivision with a beautiful lake than a gun range.

There obviously is a limit to how much BS a shooter at a range should take in the interest of keeping said range open, but getting in a huff about how "poorly designed" a range is based on one picture, and vowing never to visit the range is just silly

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    The city can get far more tax money from a huge subdivision with a beautiful lake than a gun range.

There obviously is a limit to how much BS a shooter at a range should take in the interest of keeping said range open, but getting in a huff about how "poorly designed" a range is based on one picture, and vowing never to visit the range is just silly
    WOAH! I did not get in a huff about any range. Somebody else said that. No range around here has baffles. Just no ranges...
    Here in The People's Republic of Illinois, the ANTI-GUN mafia is HUGE. It has little to do with taxes because they are already outrageous. North East Illinois real estate taxes are on par with California and New Jersey. WHAT it IS about is restricting firearms and firearms ownership. Democrats!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    WOAH! I did not get in a huff about any range. Somebody else said that. No range around here has baffles. Just no ranges...
    Here in The People's Republic of Illinois, the ANTI-GUN mafia is HUGE. It has little to do with taxes because they are already outrageous. North East Illinois real estate taxes are on par with California and New Jersey. WHAT it IS about is restricting firearms and firearms ownership. Democrats!

I know, i was not referring to you, sorry about the confusion

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    @Mad John do you have one of the coffee grinder rifles?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    No I do not. I have only ever seen two, one for sale and the other is in a museum. The one for sale was priced higher than I paid for my house. My wife made those "Manson Glances" at me for even looking. Way too rich for my blood even if I had enough blood!

Top Bottom