• Total voters

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I'm old school, always preferred great wood in bolt or semi BUT AR platforms are just a lot of fun to shoot!! (and great for hogs) my .02
    Hurley's Gold

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    My best years are history.
    I'm just a little older than the AR.
    Yeah, respect.
    It's done right by our men and women in uniform for a few decades. Jungles and deserts. Had it's low points for sure.
    Yep. I responded "I like the history of the M16". I've probably got ten ARs and at least that many bolt-action rifles. A few years ago, I got sentimental for one of the A2-stocked, rifle-length weapons from my time in service in the late 70s-early to mid-80s. Now I've got two of them too. There's something very satisfying about using the old 20rd mags and wringing out a rifle-length AR with integral carry handle and all iron sights. It's old school enough to satisfy--sort of in somewhat the same way (for me, anyway) as grabbing one of my Garands and plinking away in slow-fire fashion. There's no reason that one needs to blast away at a fast pace just because you're behind an AR on the firing line. It can definitely be appreciated in slow fire.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'm very careful not to use the word "Love" in conjunction with firearms. Libtards like to describe us as using firearms in sexual satisfaction or to boost a sagging Libido.

While the subject is at the surface, I can't IMAGINE people like Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein and others actually having sex, touching or being sexual in any way. Yikes!

Nope, I don't love guns.

Flash
    Me, I love firearms. Used to be a time when guys who appreciated and hobbied in firearms were referred to a "gun bugs" or "gun nuts" and they weren't terms of derision. They were actually terms of endearment and respect. I hate that this has changed.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I shot the hubster’s one at the range on Monday. Dang, it’s heavy.

I have a little S&W M&P 15-22. Love it. I want a “real” one though.
    But it needs to be lightweight for a start.

wfCFKy.png

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't have one. Lived, ate and slept with an M-16 for enough years. Haven't had the desire to get one.

Starting to see some hogs creep into the neighborhood though, so I won't say never. Need to do some more reading on the 300 blackout.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't have one. Lived, ate and slept with an M-16 for enough years. Haven't had the desire to get one.

Starting to see some hogs creep into the neighborhood though, so I won't say never. Need to do some more reading on the 300 blackout.
    I just built a 300 blackout, and yes, I love it!

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX

Don't know where you are in the state, but you're welcome to come by and test drive my 300BO pistol
    It has a brace to support it on your forearm, but I'll let you hold it any way you want. (umm, maybe I should rephrase that)
    Reliable, compact- but still hits like an AK at short range while quieter and softer shooting than my AK pistol.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Don't know where you are in the state, but you're welcome to come by and test drive my 300BO pistol
    It has a brace to support it on your forearm, but I'll let you hold it any way you want. (umm, maybe I should rephrase that)
    Reliable, compact- but still hits like an AK at short range while quieter and softer shooting than my AK pistol.

Thanks for the offer. I'm not really interested in the pistol. If I go AR platform, it will be due to familiarity. I've held some that friends own, and it's like I just qualified on one yesterday. That and the ease of accessories, and the fact that I can get better night vision stuff at Academy than I had access to when I worked for my uncle make it a sound choice for hogs if it comes to that. Assuming that's the right round to use. Probably get a stamp too if I go that route.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Thanks for the offer. I'm not really interested in the pistol. If I go AR platform, it will be due to familiarity. I've held some that friends own, and it's like I just qualified on one yesterday. That and the ease of accessories, and the fact that I can get better night vision stuff at Academy than I had access to when I worked for my uncle make it a sound choice for hogs if it comes to that. Assuming that's the right round to use. Probably get a stamp too if I go that route.
    I hear where you're coming from- I just went pistol with brace to try it out... 300BO does well with a short barrel... it works very well as configured (but that's my take), I can't see paying the tax just for the "privilege" of a collapsible stock. For "standard" sized hogs I'd say it's good... but I keep a marlin guide gun in 45/70 for big 'uns.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I hear where you're coming from- I just went pistol with brace to try it out... 300BO does well with a short barrel... it works very well as configured (but that's my take), I can't see paying the tax just for the "privilege" of a collapsible stock. For "standard" sized hogs I'd say it's good... but I keep a marlin guide gun in 45/70 for big 'uns.
    well, there's always the .458 socom if you get a hankering for hitting hard and making big holes at reasonably short distances but still utilizing an AR-pattern rifle.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth

I'll bring mine over, 10.5"

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    well, there's always the .458 socom if you get a hankering for hitting hard and making big holes at reasonably short distances but still utilizing an AR-pattern rifle.
    Agreed, but haven't tried one yet... I have the guide gun- the .458 can get up there, but can't reach what a 45/70 lever action can do (except speed)

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I didn't vote in this- because like others, I don't emote ARs... I appreciate what they can do, and the versatility, but I don't "feels" for them.

I love my wife, I love my kids.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    When I say I love it, of course it's not the same as a love for family. I love it because I built it, it's more then what I expected when I started it and it just plain shoots nice.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I love a lot of people and I love a lot of things in life. Some of those things happen to be firearms. "Love" isn't relegated ONLY to people. Furthermore, saying you "love" doesn't mean it's to the same degree as to something/someone else. I mean, are we not multi-dimensional up here in our emotes?

Top Bottom