Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Just counted my ARs.

5 built
    3 receiver sets
    1 completed 80% lower

Not as bad as I thought, though still a lot for someone who "doesn't like" ARs lol.

My dad has another 4 or 5 that I will be relieving him from

Still want to build another "lightweight carbine" at some point. Sold mine when i left CA

380c039a12ef23ba1d85bf7f20d63da8.jpg

Sent from my SIG Sauer

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just counted my ARs.

5 built
    3 receiver sets
    1 completed 80% lower

Not as bad as I thought, though still a lot for someone who "doesn't like" ARs lol.

My dad has another 4 or 5 that I will be relieving him from

Still want to build another "lightweight carbine" at some point. Sold mine when i left CA

View attachment 132391

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    I am accepting any and all AR's that people don't like.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I was pretty anti AR before joining the Corps, not for political reasons but because it was plastic and jammed and all the other reasons people unfamiliar with them rattle off.

I bought a SOCOM 16 with a re-enlistment bonus which I love and then started buying some ARs. I still like the feel of the M1A but the option of customizing the AR more easily means they get more attention. When I first got into ARs they were quite neutered as I was stationed in the People's Communist Republic of NY. Now that I'm home I've kinda gone wild with them. Stay away from the cheap ones and they are fine running machines. Being able to build them however you like is definitely part of the enjoyment.

I do have one that is going to get wood furniture, just can't decide on the caliber I want it in.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    DPMS says:

To achieve the best results for accuracy you should clean the chamber and bore after every round for the first 25 rounds, then every 10 rounds up to 100 rounds. It usually takes about 200 rounds per barrel for optimum accuracy.

Wow. For real? Damn. Can't I just shoot 200 rounds through it and then clean it, LOL!?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Well it's their highly recommended break-in procedure for best accuracy. Gonna take me all damn year, LOL.
    There are some that say break in is not even needed. Just clean the factory crap off it the first time and go shoot.
    Break in - here ya go:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    DPMS says:

Wow. For real? Damn. Can't I just shoot 200 rounds through it and then clean it, LOL!?
    i do this with all my ARs, and found the fastest ways is to not even separate the upper or drop the mag. Just run a patch down the muzzle end. Helps to stabilize gun if you take your shoe off and jam your toe in the trigger guard

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    i do this with all my ARs, and found the fastest ways is to not even separate the upper or drop the mag. Just run a patch down the muzzle end. Helps to stabilize gun if you take your shoe off and jam your toe in the trigger guard

Sent from my SIG Sauer

0UjJ7o2.gif

Top Bottom