Join TexasGunTalk

Who makes high quality holsters that won't make you poor?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Higgins909, Nov 18, 2018.

1. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I really like El Paso Saddlery.

Davetex and toddnjoyce like this.
  2. 308nato

308nato TGT Addict

3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve got the IWB/OWB combo from AG and a OWB Crossbreed.

We’re I wanting the most bangs for buck I’d look at the AG Shape Shift Carry pack for $100

http://aliengearholsters.com/shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html

4. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
  5. Byrd666

Byrd666 TGT Addict

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    White Hat - hybrid - Good holsters for about 50-85 bucks
    KT Mech - Kydex - Got one for my M&P c9 for less than 50 bucks
    http://www.jeffreycustomleather.com/index.html - Leather - He's made 3 or 4 custom holsters for me with a "BTP" being the most recent. It's a Between The Pant and belt holster with custom stenciling for about 150 bucks. My BBQ holster

6. Higgins909

Higgins909 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Hutto
    Here's a question. Kydex are holsters with the claw for appendix only or can you put them right at 3 o clock? I'm currently looking at all of these holsters.

7. Byrd666

Byrd666 TGT Addict

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If by the claw thing, you are describing that in-out hook thing, I don't see why you couldn't wear it at 3 o'clock. Might not be as comfortable but, should still work.

Another guy you might call is Alameda Holsters in Hewitt, Texas. He does the absolute best custom Kydex work I've ever seen. At VERY reasonable pricing. Unfortunately I don't have a link for him but he does have a FaceBook page. Might call him and see what he might could suggest for ya.

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't place an appendix carry holster at any location you wanted.
    However, having never owned one, I don't know if they have an adjustable cant.

ETA: Looks like I was Ninja'd.

9. bfm0072

bfm0072 Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Round Rock
    I purchased the AG Shape Shift package, and I have only used it IWB. For me it is very comfortable. I have worn it upwards of 14 hours in a day, while doing work at the house, bending, squatting and such. No movement and forgot it was there. I carry a G19. I highly recommend Alien Gear.

toddnjoyce and Big Dipper like this.
  10. Old_Inspector

Old_Inspector New Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    My personal favorites are Comp-Tac for hybrids and kydex and DeSantis and EL Paso Saddlery for leather. Alien Gear, DeSantis and Crossbreed make good hybrids also. Bladetech makes good kydex holsters. If you have the money, Kramer Handgun Leather in horsehide leather is superb. You should always carry the best pistol or revolver that you trust to go "bang" every time in the best, most sturdy and comfortable holster you can afford. The holstered handgun must be comfortable or it will not be carried.

TxStetson likes this.