• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Here's one for $1000, just have it shipped to you and I will pick it up at Hicksville.
    Venture Surplus ad

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A flamethrower would be considered a "Destructive Device" and regulated by Big Brother.

Can you link to this? As far as I understand there are no federal flamethrower regulations. Farmers use them occasionally and they are definitely legal in Texas last time I checked.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The ones ranchers use aren't really flamethrowers. They have a very short range and are propane fueled so it won't leave a burning fuel stuck to things it hits. Or maybe your talking about something else.

Still would like to know just what the regulation is, I think it would be fun to build one.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The ones ranchers use aren't really flamethrowers. They have a very short range and are propane fueled so it won't leave a burning fuel stuck to things it hits. Or maybe your talking about something else.

Still would like to know just what the regulation is, I think it would be fun to build one.

I don't know if I'd like to use a home-built flamethrower, since the fuel would probably be styrafoam melted in gasoline, maybe with a little diesel mixed in.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't know if I'd like to use a home-built flamethrower, since the fuel would probably be styrafoam melted in gasoline, maybe with a little diesel mixed in.

A few years ago some teenager posted a how to where he made his own out of PVC and plumbing parts. He used alcohol for the fuel.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

What's so bad about that, lol.

I figure a 3 tank system would work.

2 compressed air and 1 for fuel. I've hear of using pretty much any kind of gel mixed with gas and dish soap.

I'd be willing to bet plain kerosene could do plenty of damage.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Remember this "Game Changer"??
    Holy hell, that thing was janky... I built a much nicer one for launching fireworks and model rockets when I was 15yo. It was made from scrap so everything except the model rocket igniters and batteries were free, too.

Top Bottom