Capitol Armory ad

Who uses the in-line fabrication quick change mount system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Scout,

I have the "short" INLINE STRONG MOUNT for both of my 1050's....Very well made. I also have their 1050 handles...

Am sure the "quick mount" will be great!

I had the 38Special/38 Super apart for service. Should see the mount...

Later, Mark

Attachments

• 1050 apart for serv ice.jpg
      1050 apart for serv ice.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 79

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are good to go.

I have the flush mount version. I love it, and I regret not getting it sooner. It's really cleared up my bench space since I don't have have to have it lined with presses and stuff now. It only takes a few seconds to swap presses. They also have a wall mounted storage rack that works with their bench mount system. I have some of those racks, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with them yet.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    This looks like it will work for my situation.

Who uses the in-line fabrication quick change mount system for their reloading presses?

Pros and cons? Would you buy it again knowing what you know now?
    Inline in general makes good quality stuff but I don't have that particular system.

A cheaper option is to mount your presses/ tools to chunks of 2x and C clamp them to your bench. I also have shelves for storing everything so I can keep my bench clear depending on what I'm working on.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Another happy participant in Inline Fabrication's quality part systems.

I load standing up and I have two different benches that are perpendicular/form a right angle. By choosing two different height bases I have both press mounts at the same height.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Looks nice, but I made my own 35 years ago out of 1/4" plates drilled to fit on to another with studs, and tightened down with wingnuts.

The studded plates (I made a couple) have been screwed down to loading benches generally, and one is currently mounted on a grinder pedestal for portability.

I think the basic idea is great and has a lot of utility!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    OP - Glad you posted this, I hadn't seen those before. Had I known, I wouldn't have given away one of my presses for lack of bench space.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    OP - Glad you posted this, I hadn't seen those before. Had I known, I wouldn't have given away one of my presses for lack of bench space.
    I agree, I don’t have that big of a bench and having the reloaders mounted to it are constantly in the way. I was googling looking for this exact option when I stumbled into it. I’ve not heard anything bad on them yet, and the price for the system is cheaper than I can build it myself for.
    LOL

Reactions: gll

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I have a couple of the quick change bases mounted to a large bench, and quick change plate mounted tools like trimmer, concentricity gauge, arbor press, etc. I mounted both of my large presses on quick change plates as well.

System is very useful and stable. Best suited to a setting with very limited bench space where you intend to do a LOT of one process. Essentially takes each tool and simulates the stability of permanently mounting it to your bench. If you have adequate bench space, it may be more practical to leave press(s) permanently mounted, and mount smaller tools that don't requite that level of stability to movable bases/boards.

Most practical use of the system recently was when I had to "put away" all loading equipment when we were showing the house for sale. Took all of 5 minutes to unmount both presses and 3 other tools to hide them in closets (grin).

bdhawk

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2022
    This looks like it will work for my situation.

Who uses the in-line fabrication quick change mount system for their reloading presses?

Pros and cons? Would you buy it again knowing what you know now?
    i am a big fan of inline fabrication. i have the high mount for presses and and the flush mount for stuff like boolit sizer/luber, rcbs priming tool, powder thrower, rcbs primer pocket swager, bench grinder, belt sander, small 4" bench vice, and prolly a couple of other things i cannot remember. dan, at inline fabrication, has all sorts of neat stuff for many different reloading machines and companies.

Tacticaloptions

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Feb 11, 2022
    Humble, TX
    Excellent products, I highly recommend them, I have their flush mount base system in my workbench and can’t believe I lived without it for so many years

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom