• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I have an acquaintance who's daughter owns a Tesla. The horror stories of what it cost when minor problems occurred are enough to convince me that I'd never want anything to do with one.
    I don't know anyone who owns a tesla but have read several times that there were quality control issues in their assembly.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    If anybody wants to give me one that's not already burnt, I'd love to have it! I'll be sure not to park it near anything that I don't want to burn...

The transition from Li-ion to LiFePO4 that is beginning in EV should go a long way toward mitigating the problem. Hopefully, an even better battery technology will eventually emerge!

New technologies, like new guns, are often rife with problems. Why should EV be different?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    This really would make me leary of installing a Tesla Powerwall or Generac PWRCell in my house, though I'm guessing (only guessing) that some of the problem arises from batteries continually being bumped around in a Tesla car.

I use lots of Li-ion batteries in flashlights and other devices for the past 8 years, and in some high draw applications they do get hot, but I've never had one burn.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    This really would make me leary of installing a Tesla Powerwall or Generac PWRCell in my house, though I'm guessing (only guessing) that some of the problem arises from batteries continually being bumped around in a Tesla car.

I use lots of Li-ion batteries in flashlights and other devices for the past 8 years, and in some high draw applications they do get hot, but I've never had one burn.
    I've got a Powerwall, but it's mounted outside the house on a brick wall.
    The Tesla cars use the equivalent of 4 stacked Powerwalls.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    2976 to 4416 cells in a Model 3 battery pack and only one has to ignite to potentially burn the car to the ground...

I've got a Powerwall, but it's mounted outside the house on a brick wall.
    The Tesla cars use the equivalent of 4 stacked Powerwalls.
    I'd still hate to have it burn there...

Top Bottom