• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I know several folks with them. The president of my company has had several different models. He got a X when they first came out and it definitely had some issues and he finally returned it, he bought another one a few years later though. He did sell it because he enjoys the S better. His daughter drives a 3 and his dad has a X Plaid. His wife is on the list for a Rivian SUV.

Several other employees at my company have various models.

A good friend of mine has a new 3 Performance, he loves his.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have a buddy with one who loves goosing it around when you ride in it. I admit it's faster than any gas engine vehicle I've ever driven and I've worked on cars for 25 years and have been behind the wheel of many porsches and all kinds of American muscle. The reality is, it does take a while to charge and it kinda rides like crap in the back. The ride is jouncy from so much weight under the back seat.

His also needed an update because a coolant pump behind the glove box was cycling every ten minutes or so while completely shut off and was draining a good 20 miles of range as it sat a while. They're not for me but I did go with a hybrid. Took me a year and 3 months to get my Maverick in from Ford. I'm not a big truck guy and I don't tow or haul so it suits me. Also no charging.

As a lifelong mechanic some tech bugs me because it is so overdone and unnecessary. IMO the market will right itself. Even if they keep pushing ev tech consumers will push back once the free ride is up and replacement battery costs hit them like a sledgehammer. That's why I paid for the extended warranty on my hybrid. It all has it's place but I prefer gas power and that's not going away for decades.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I know several folks with them. The president of my company has had several different models. He got a X when they first came out and it definitely had some issues and he finally returned it, he bought another one a few years later though.
    If I paid the price a tesla and had to return it, I certainly wouldn't buy another.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    If I paid the price a tesla and had to return it, I certainly wouldn't buy another.
    He enjoys the tech stuff and is okay with being a tester if necessary.

I remember hearing Rush Limbaugh A LONG time ago talk about how expensive flat screen TVs were. He said he had the money and was okay with being a tester knowing that the more rich people that did it would bring the technology price down so that others could enjoy the tech as well.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

I remember hearing Rush Limbaugh A LONG time ago talk about how expensive flat screen TVs were. He said he had the money and was okay with being a tester knowing that the more rich people that did it would bring the technology price down so that others could enjoy the tech as well.
    I don't want to be a test dummy - for an ev or a shot

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    But yugos were fun and sporty, the commercials said so.

They lasted as long as a marriage to a Ukrainian mail order bride.
    I'd rather have the Yugo.

1669429734851.png

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

What tech stuff does a Tesla do that anyone would want to be a tester for? They look futuristic but they are just a car that does everything electronically from an iPad. Even their self driving is not only behind the competition, but at a dead end.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    A friend of mine paid his $100 for a CyberTruck reservation either the night they announced or the next morning. I’d occasionally asked if he or his cousins were still interested in their reservations. They had been saying yes, or yes for now but that changed last night.

So you can’t transfer the reservation, but you can take the account and add your information instead, change name, email, phone, etc. if you happen to have another Tesla on that account you’re probably screwed though. He did not so I now have a relatively early number for a CyberTruck.

Showed the wife what they look like, she wasn’t impressed. :laughing:

Top Bottom