• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hey Dave, I've been meaning to stop by Hank's shop and talk to him. I'll let you know when I do because he is in a incredibly convenient area for me.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the look out!! I will only be home for a short time and wont have a lot of time to just driving around.... Do you know anybody else, the more options the better?

Thanks again.

DAVE

There is also a guy named Robert Butell (sp) in Bee Caves at a place called Sportsman's Finest I think. He has a really long waiting list though.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    In my town I use a guy named Verle Oconnor.He is a great gunsmith that I have dealt with many times.

R.Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Here in Houston my vote would have to go to Eddie Jimenea. He did a trigger job and "fluff and buff" on my Kimber. Made a smooth shooter an outstanding smooth shooter.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dave, what kind of shooting are you going to do with your 1911? I have had great experiences with the XS big dots. You just have to learn them/snap in a bit before you go shoot with them the first time.

a44mag4dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cooler? Ha.

Hey thanks Wayne.
    I will have to go check him out the next time I am in the neighborhood. Yeah its a little cooler here, most days this week we have been hitting 125, 10-15 mph winds with a light dusting of sand... If you've been here you know what its like. I opted to get me a SIG P6 instead. Love it, no regrets... Just wish I could have them here....

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    There is also a guy named Robert Butell (sp) in Bee Caves at a place called Sportsman's Finest I think. He has a really long waiting list though.

I have used him. He is very good, but I had to wait about six weeks or so to get my gun back. He was also about $50 - $100 cheaper than Briley, in Houson would have been. However, I may try the one on South Congress. He is a lot closer to me. I have a Walther PP that needs a detail strip and, maybe, a new sear or hammer. A bit of a problem with the hammer following the slide back down. It didn't double on me, but I don't want to take the chance. Or, it could have been that garbage ammo that I bought at Red's.

Top Bottom