APOD Firearms

Who's got an XDm 4.5? Opinions vs their XD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EmptyWallet

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2013
    I've got some experience with the XD9. I'd like to hear some experiences of the XDm, 4.5...in any regard. Ergonomics, fit, finish, recoil..muzzle flip...etc. How is the XDm different for you?

Any comments? I like the XD fine....but I like that the Glock 17 is a little larger for an HD gun...so naturally I'd float towards the 4.5 XDm since it's roughly the same size as a Glock 17....any comparisons there?
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have one in .40, ordered a 9mm barrel for it also. Can't compare to the Glock 17 cause I've only shot a 19.

I can say as far as that comparison goes it take the Springfield hands down. Glocks don't fit me well and the XDm has a much nicer trigger.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i have a 4.5 in .40 as well - love it. really cant compare it to a Glock because i'm not a big glock fan........i used to have one and like Younggun - it didnt fit my hand at all. The springfield grip is a favorite of mine - as I've got the 3.8, and the 5.25 as well.

i dont have the XD - but do have an XD subcompact in .40 - i really like the feel and weight of the XDm

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have an XDm 9mm. I did not mind small premium over the XD. It is a fine pistol, and either one would be great addition. This time of year Springfield may run their special again where you get 5 magazines, paddle holster, and a double mag pouch at no additional cost. They did it the last two holidays seasons.

Last edited:

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    XD and XDm I own(d) have been extemely accruate and fun to shoot. Very ergonomic. I shoot well with any of them out of the box.
    XDSC9
    XD45
    XDS
    XDm 40
    XDm compact 45
    XDm 4.5 9mm
    2 XDm Competion models

Green-Harley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    I have the XDm .45 and carry it about half the time. Shoots great and reliable. Heavy with 13+1 and a light, but about the same feel of my 1911 with 8+1. I hated the sights and changed to Tru-Glo Tritium 3dot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom