Who's riding and where?

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
Just so ya know, I'd ride the 3 hours from Whitney for this. I've ridden to Burnett for a burger at Bob's before.

But my kids are driving in Saturday. Haven't seen her in 6 years.

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
No worries Dave & Mitch, I knew it was last minute for anyone but me.
Enjoy the time with your daughter Mitch.

For anyone else & of course weather dependent, I'm still game.

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
FM 3478 just south of the Trinity. Yes, of course I rode through it . . not as bad as it looks though. I was more worried that Po Po was at the next intersection waiting to tag scalawags passing road closed barriers. He wasn't :green:

20210606_183650.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
Drifters Icehouse is just over 1 mile east of Richards on FM 149. I have passed it before but hadn't stopped in until today, glad I did. From staff to patrons, everyone I talked to was very nice. No A/C today and I didn't eyeball any units for July / August either. Didn't see any heaters for the cool months, save for the barmaids ta-tas. :evil:

Drifters 6 6 2021.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
Are you cRAzY Pops! You can't just take off and ride all willy-nilly, people will die!!! I think . . .

I almost always have a food destination picked out and then look for the crookedest roads to get there. :green:

And I always note the mileage on the phone calendar when I get home, mainly out of pure interest but also maintenance needs.

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
During a conversation a few days ago with a lady from the US Forest Service I learned of Ratcliff Lake Rec Area so I rode out there today. Neat little place and only about 40 miles for me, I plan to go back.

Ratcliff Lake Recreation Area was built in 1936 by the Civilian Conservation Corps. It surrounds a picturesque 45-acre lake that was once a log pond and a source of water for the Central Coal and Coke Company sawmill which operated from 1902 to 1920. The area offers opportunities for camping, picnicking, swimming, fishing and hiking. The Four C National Recreation Trail is 20 miles and originates in the Ratcliff Recreation Area and goes to the Neches Bluff Overlook.

Jarine88

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2018
Cypress
Yesterday was a 140 mile back road round trip for breakfast in College Station with my father, brother and a friend. We made some extra stops just for water breaks.

I knew it would be hot, so the windshield and lowers came off. She looked naked, but it was nice to have the air moving.

c1a26af78a7ebc7abbf098f53a69eb48.jpg

Coiled

TGT Addict
Nov 25, 2016
SE Tx
I went to a National Forest Srvc rec area call Red Hill Lake today, it's 3mi north of Milam. I was around 10yo the last time I was there and I remember it was raining / had rained and sliding down red clay into the lake; it was so slick it was hard to get back up the hill. Until the last 14 days, the place has been closed following snowmageddon and is only 1/2 restored.

I found a spot as far away from people as I could which was 150yds (Google Earth measured), laid down on a picnic table, covered my eyes and slept for either 15min or 1hr 15, I'm not really sure. Just the sounds of kids swimming and the breeze through the pines. Sometimes, simple is right for the soul.

20210627_125628.jpg

These 2 show @80% of the lake. In the 2nd, you just may be able to see the yellow buoy around the swim area.

20210627_125750.jpg

20210627_125807.jpg

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
For anyone interested, I am doing Barstow2Vegas (Labarstowvegas.com) over Thanksgiving weekend. I'm stealth camping to Vegas, staying in a hotel then stealth camping off my dirtbike for a night or two to get to Palmdale, then a hotel each night for the event proper.

I am somewhat of a lone wolf and will ride my own pace once doing the event proper, but having friends to cheer on is fun.

You can do it on a pure (but plated) dirt bike or something like a KLR650 or even a GS or something. Smaller the bike the better IMO, but it would be fun even on a big bike.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts