• Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    MH 5 15 2022.jpg

1st time riding with a new group today and I knocked down 323 miles total, my longest day yet.

An ADV bike to the right of mine, all others were pure sport or nakeds. The ZX to the left of mine leaked fuel and caught fire but he got home safe. I was no where near the front of the pack but they didn't leave me in their dust so, 'twas a great day. :)
    Military Camp

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Like I said, 1st time so I really kept my distance running 2nd to last as discussed prior to KSU. I found myself seriously distracted watching the lean of others and often had to brake hard too late into corners. I once drifted just over the CL on a 149 curve and the driver of a yellow Countach and I made eye contact. :cool:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Posted 5/13/2020

I'll have to take a thermos of Ramen noodles for lunch but at least I can ride now.
    '09 K1300GT with 19K on the clock. Freakin horn is so loud it scared me and I punched the button!
    Looks like the weather will suck for a few days. :(

20200513_194149-jpg.213290

Bought with 19,226 miles to be exact and today I rolled my 40,000th while riding to Yankee's and then FMs 3090, 149, 1791 and more. Shortly before the milestone, a never before seen pictogram showed on the display panel. Turns out 1 of 2 tail/brake light bulbs failed, what are the chances? At least the systems on a 13yo bike are functioning right. :cool:

20221005_172950.jpg

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    View attachment 319974

1st time riding with a new group today and I knocked down 323 miles total, my longest day yet.

An ADV bike to the right of mine, all others were pure sport or nakeds. The ZX to the left of mine leaked fuel and caught fire but he got home safe. I was no where near the front of the pack but they didn't leave me in their dust so, 'twas a great day. :)
    That older ZX-6 looks like my first bike, similar model, different color. Doesn’t see many of those these days.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    san marcos area. old fart but fun trike. 2014 HD tri glide. got the parts in and fixing to install a 1.5" lift and legend revo shocks next week. damn back roads are so pot holed and uneven and cracked pavement around here it not funny. any riders in the area? new to a 3 wheeler but love it.

Attachments

• johns toys.jpg
      johns toys.jpg
      145.2 KB · Views: 65

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Just finished a short ride around the north here, went to Weston for some honey but the store was closed, north to Sherman on the back roads, NE to Denison to big through downtown, south to Greenville, and stopped if for lunch back in Melissa. Probably should have tried some place new to eat but want hungry in the other towns. I've been looking for some destinations that aren't just a bar or empty park.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    That's only @130 miles, did your motor warm up? :p

It's been a VERY long time since I did work in that area - McKinney, Sherman, Greenville, Mt. Pleasant, Paris; maybe more. Based in Houston it seemed a long way but relatively speaking, they are actually pretty close to each other. Purdy part of Texas, I enjoyed my time and the people there.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    It's been a while since I posted. Long story short, I retired in July, wife and I moved to Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas. It's beautiful here. Every ride is a good ride, even just going to town for errands.

Rode to Petit Jean Mountain, view is fantastic from the top. Been over to Prim, that's supposed to be ground zero for bears, but I didn't see any. Another Saturday I rode way up into banjo country (Ouachita National Forest), about 250 miles. So many things to see, riding out to the Oark Store is on my list, along with the Push Mountain ride and The Pig Trail.

If y'all get up this way, holler at me. We won't run out of places to ride!!!!!

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    That's only @130 miles, did your motor warm up? :p

It's been a VERY long time since I did work in that area - McKinney, Sherman, Greenville, Mt. Pleasant, Paris; maybe more. Based in Houston it seemed a long way but relatively speaking, they are actually pretty close to each other. Purdy part of Texas, I enjoyed my time and the people there.
    Yeah it was closer to 160 for the day but theres not much to see in the rural towns, and I didn't really have a destination in mind. big big miles aren't really my thing nor do I really have the bike for them.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It's been a while since I posted. Long story short, I retired in July, wife and I moved to Greers Ferry Lake in Arkansas. It's beautiful here. Every ride is a good ride, even just going to town for errands.

Rode to Petit Jean Mountain, view is fantastic from the top. Been over to Prim, that's supposed to be ground zero for bears, but I didn't see any. Another Saturday I rode way up into banjo country (Ouachita National Forest), about 250 miles. So many things to see, riding out to the Oark Store is on my list, along with the Push Mountain ride and The Pig Trail.

If y'all get up this way, holler at me. We won't run out of places to ride!!!!!
    I've definitely been wondering about you, glad to hear things are going well. I've wanted to ride in AR since getting back on a bike but the stars haven't aligned yet, maybe in the Spring; maybe! Enjoy and be safe.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    20221023_122916.jpg

Anyone looking for a R75 the owner said this one will be advertised soon. Saw him in Richards at Drifters.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I took the ride of death Thursday; seemed like every 5 miles I could smell a rotting carcass just out of sight.
    First stop was cut short due to the aroma of 2 cows.

20221110_105029.jpg

Next stop at Blue Moon BBQ was much better, minus the horrendous flies forcing me to eat inside. :(
    The Q was very good but surprisingly, the hot dishes were served just above room temp.
    Brisket and loin were cut with just the plastic fork. <thumbsup>

20221110_123236.jpg

Next stop was Limestone Lake Park which is a bit water challenged but no smell of death.

20221110_142339.jpg

Shortly after leaving the park, I scared a wake (I looked it up ;) ) of vultures off a doe. I thought *what kind of sicko strings a deer up for entertainment?* 2nd pic shows the ole gal just had a really, really bad day.

20221110_150501.jpg

20221110_150519.jpg

Top Bottom