• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm wondering just how many people, actually use blank cartridges? Outside of the movie or entertainment industry, I'd guess probably very, very few.
    Most military rifle have blank firing devices! Lots of re-enact it’s use blanks!

A good number of indoor ranges that offer a mini gun are running blanks to increase profit and safety!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Re-enactors would still be entertainment IMO.
    I bet those that dress & set up camps and live the way those they re-enact would run you thru with a bayonet!

Besides civil war re-enactors you have a couple WWII ones that are pure history! I have never been but hear the Nimitz Museum/ War in the Pacific is totally bad ass realist!

I believe there is another in Ohio that includes amphibious landing craft & air support!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'm wondering just how many people, actually use blank cartridges? Outside of the movie or entertainment industry, I'd guess probably very, very few.
    The only use for blank cartridges I seen was during military funerals. The weapons were handled as loaded weapons at all times.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I bet those that dress & set up camps and live the way those they re-enact would run you thru with a bayonet!

Besides civil war re-enactors you have a couple WWII ones that are pure history! I have never been but hear the Nimitz Museum/ War in the Pacific is totally bad ass realist!

I believe there is another in Ohio that includes amphibious landing craft & air support!
    Other than the WW2 museum in New Orleans, which arguably can take a full day or more to go through, but is downtown and to my knowledge does not have reenactments on site or nearby, I would say the Nimitz museum is one of the best military museums in the country. We are lucky to have it here. Since you say you haven’t been, why not make a long weekend out of it and head to Fredericksburg? The place has grown quite a bit over the last 10-15 years and it’s not like it used to be, but there is still so much to do in and around the town.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    There are some public demonstration WW2 re-enactments but most are private and for the participants only.

I’ve run more blanks through my M-1 than I have live rounds. One of the demonstrations I’ve seen done is to hang a mess tin off of a barrel and fire a round. Drives the point home pretty quick that blanks should be given a due amount of care.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The only use for blank cartridges I seen was during military funerals. The weapons were handled as loaded weapons at all times.
    When we unturned my dad he had a honor squad. To keep from breaking down I asked if I could could stand in for one of the VFW guy who formed the honor guard. They were more then willing to let me.

After thanking them & returning the Garand rifle I policed up all the brass and handed it to family members!

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017

Other than the WW2 museum in New Orleans, which arguably can take a full day or more to go through, but is downtown and does not have reenactments on site or nearby, I would say the Nimitz museum is one of the best military museums in the country. We are lucky to have it here. Since you say you haven’t been, why not make a long weekend out of it and head to Fredericksburg? The place has grown quite a bit over the last 10-15 years and it’s not like it used to be, but there is still so much to do in and around the town.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Other than the WW2 museum in New Orleans, which arguably can take a full day or more to go through, but is downtown and to my knowledge does not have reenactments on site or nearby, I would say the Nimitz museum is one of the best military museums in the country. We are lucky to have it here. Since you say you haven’t been, why not make a long weekend out of it and head to Fredericksburg? The place has grown quite a bit over the last 10-15 years and it’s not like it used to be, but there is still so much to do in and around the town.
    As gimpy as I am I might not enjoy it as much as if I got around better!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    The blank ammo isn't the problem. It's as safe as the person handling it.
    Amen. I bet when the Baldwin investigation is complete we will find out unsafe people handling the gun like the Brandon Lee death described in the above video.

Top Bottom