• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nerfgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2019
    Houston, TX
    This may be in the wrong section but I can definitely turn into a rant/rave!

I'm a new member and can't message people or comment on posts. Is there some sort of minimum post rule? If so, that's so lame. Other gun forums don't have that.

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Gun Zone Deals

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Forum rules limit posting a classified until you have 25 posts or become a site supporter.

Outside of that, I’m not aware of a limitation on PMs/replies to other sub-forums, but I’m neither a mod nor tech support.

Maybe [mention]benenglish [/mention] can shed more light.

But this forum is far from lame.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Forum rules limit posting a classified until you have 25 posts or become a site supporter.

Outside of that, I’m not aware of a limitation on PMs/replies to other sub-forums, but I’m neither a mod nor tech support.

Maybe [mention]benenglish [/mention] can shed more light.

But this forum is far from lame.

I seem to remember @benenglish saying that less that those with less than 25 posts weren't allowed to send PMs either.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is there some sort of minimum post rule?
    Yes. 25 posts are required before you can post in the classifieds. Attempts to post items for sale outside the classifieds will be deleted.

Private messaging, over the history of the board, has varied in the number of public posts required before that feature is enabled for a new account. As of the last time I was informed, it required 10 posts.

Most people can easily hit the 10 (or sometimes 25) post threshold by just starting an Introductions thread and engaging with the members in that thread.
    If so, that's so lame.
    That is a reasonable opinion to hold but unless you can back it up with persuasive arguments, nothing will change.

In case you don't realize it, that's an invitation to provide the staff with input. There are things about this board that exist as they do precisely because members posted "I don't like the way this works and here's why" in a useful way with examples and solid reasoning. Things have been changed when members asked.

But a mere "...that's so lame" won't accomplish anything.

Welcome to the board and I look forward to your contributions and feedback.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This may be in the wrong section but I can definitely turn into a rant/rave!

I'm a new member and can't message people or comment on posts. Is there some sort of minimum post rule? If so, that's so lame. Other gun forums don't have that.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Many of our members feel its “lame” when they get mass PMs from accounts with 0 posts wanting to sell them a gun, some fake documents, or countless other scam attempts.

10 posts is a pretty light requirement and most members here would report your PM anyways without making yourself known prior to attempting to contact them due to the various scams that are commonly attempted.

Hope you understand and enjoy the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I take it 'lame' is some refactoring or appropriation of the word to imply unpopular or unnecessary? Why do folks insist on using words to mean something they don't when there are plenty of existing words that do?

And while we're at it... you did not 'seen' a guy walking down the street, you saw or you see. That one is really annoying me because it seems to be the most popular butchery of the English language lately.

Oh, and get off my lawn!

Okay I'm better now, carry on.

Welcome new guy.

Top Bottom