ARJ Defense ad

Why can't I get a pic to post to classifieds?...or other threads?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coachrick

TGT Addict
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    OK...I'm not tech-savvy at all; but I've posted pics before on this site and I post frequently on FB, Craigs, et al. I can no longer get a pic to load onto TGT. It asks me what pic, I try to load it, all looks good until it loads and I get a ! with no option to click for info...no indication of the problem. This is from my laptop, but the same problem occurred with my iPad...SOMEthing said I was over my "quota"; but I can't replicate that now.

Have I made someone mad? I didn't mean to!!! :)

Any ideas for this tech-challenged old guy?

Thanks!
    Gun Zone Deals

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    latest?cb=20140717020431.png

Worked for me....

The first is a linked photo and the second is uploaded from my computer.
    Are you using the "Insert Image" (box with a drawing of a tree in it? )

Last edited by a moderator:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    latest?cb=20140717020431.png

Worked for me....

The first is a linked photo and the second is uploaded from my computer.
    Are you using the "Insert Image" (box with a drawing of a tree in it? )

Yes, Insert Image...let's me Select File and load it as always; but as it completes the upload 'bar', I get the red ! . Gonna try it right here...

Nope...tried it again...no joy. Same pics I've posted in the past... 1.53MB if that matters...no problem loading to other sites!!! I don't get it!
    I don't use a photo sharing site; but maybe it's time. Didn't like photobucket much...Dang and Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    When that happened to me, it was because I'd posted my quota. I went back and removed some older pics and now I can post pics again.r

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Are you posting pics directly to TGT, or linking to pictures hosted on some other site like Photobucket?

If the former, go to the 'User CP' section of main page, and under the 'Miscellaneous' section at the bottom select 'Attachments.' It will show you how much of your storage you are using (mine currently states "You are currently using 325.0 KB to store 6 uploaded attachments."). Let us know what yours says.

It will also show you what items you have posted. You can delete old ones using the button at the bottom right.

Cheers! M2

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    When that happened to me, it was because I'd posted my quota. I went back and removed some older pics and now I can post pics again.r

I was starting to think that was it; but how does one remove pics?....especially in a closed FS/FT thread. I'm gonna work on this; but the answer isn't staring me in the face...I don't think.
    Thanks for the tip...didn't really think I had posted all that many pics.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Thanks, y'all. I deleted some pics and clear some space; but the other pics shown didn't allow me to choose them for deletion...even though the thread was closed/old. I would clear those out if I could.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Thanks, y'all. I deleted some pics and clear some space; but the other pics shown didn't allow me to choose them for deletion...even though the thread was closed/old. I would clear those out if I could.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

So, we're back in business thanks to your help!!! BUT, as I mentioned, there are closed threads with stored pics that I can't "select" to delete...quite a few and they are taking up plenty of space. Any idea what steps I should take to remove them?

Thanks again!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    To be honest, I am stumped as looking at the attachments in my CP, the pics I cannot delete are not even mine! I have no idea where they came from, or who loaded them up; but I've got five pics in my gallery that are of unknown origins or use!

There's gotta be a glitch somewhere, maybe a moderator or admin will come around and offer some assistance!

Cheers! M2

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    To be honest, I am stumped as looking at the attachments in my CP, the pics I cannot delete are not even mine! I have no idea where they came from, or who loaded them up; but I've got five pics in my gallery that are of unknown origins or use!

There's gotta be a glitch somewhere, maybe a moderator or admin will come around and offer some assistance!

Cheers! M2

Me as well.
    I recognize the "names" of the pictures, but when I open them in the attachment area, they are not mine, lol...

ETA: Every picture prior to 2013 has somebody elses image in it.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did you check the pics at the very end of your attachment list of photos??
    That is where mine are screwed up.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    And even though the pics are mine, I can't select many of them to delete. I'm approaching the limit again, I reckon!

Did you check the pics at the very end of your attachment list of photos??
    That is where mine are screwed up.

Dang...running into the same problem...again! The only pic I can select is the one I JUST posted. I can't access any others except to pull up the pic to view it. I sure would like to clear those and be able to post some more!!! Can anyone help?????

Top Bottom