• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    That should have been covered when they asked for ID as they were questioning/investigating. Otherwise, there's no real reason to have to ask.

He asked me if I had something to back up my threat and I explained to him that I did and then he asked me if I had a CHL and I told him that no I did not and that my paperwork was in the process and then I told him that to my understanding as long as it was concealed it was to the letter of the law to have it in vehicle. He confirmed this (as I have had a couple of other officer buddies do for me). He then asked me if I was confident and proficient enough to use it if the case occurred with any accuracy. I told him that after the 500+ rounds that I've put through this gun in the 3 1/2 months that I've owned it, it is my choice for defending myself and my loved ones. (Which is huge since I've been raving about my XD ever since I put a magazine through it.) He told me that it is one thing to own a weapon and it is another thing to take pride in one's weapon as an investment and not something that just sits in a car 'til the time comes but something that you're absolutely positive to your core that you are proficient and accurate to the dot with that weapon. I told him that this was the gun that that was the case for. He thanked me. He never asked what kind of weapon it was or where it was kept or to see it, just how I felt about the possibility of using it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    He asked me if I had something to back up my threat and I explained to him that I did and then he asked me if I had a CHL and I told him that no I did not and that my paperwork was in the process and then I told him that to my understanding as long as it was concealed it was to the letter of the law to have it in vehicle. He confirmed this (as I have had a couple of other officer buddies do for me). He then asked me if I was confident and proficient enough to use it if the case occurred with any accuracy. I told him that after the 500+ rounds that I've put through this gun in the 3 1/2 months that I've owned it, it is my choice for defending myself and my loved ones. (Which is huge since I've been raving about my XD ever since I put a magazine through it.) He told me that it is one thing to own a weapon and it is another thing to take pride in one's weapon as an investment and not something that just sits in a car 'til the time comes but something that you're absolutely positive to your core that you are proficient and accurate to the dot with that weapon. I told him that this was the gun that that was the case for. He thanked me. He never asked what kind of weapon it was or where it was kept or to see it, just how I felt about the possibility of using it.

So the answer is "yes", he did ask?

I couldn't help myself.

BTW, what theater was this? I've got 2-3 in mind from around town that have had issues but it could be 1 of many.

Top Bottom