• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Because I was stabbed in the leg 3 years ago in an attempted car jacking by a crack head and I really don't like being stabbed.
    Texas SOT

GAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Central Texas
    PEOPLE ASK WHY I CARRY A GUN

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me son,’ there comes a time in every mans life when he stops bustin’ knuckles and starts bustin’ caps and usually it’s when he becomes too old to take an a$$ whoopin’.

I don’t carry a gun to kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry.

I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take an a$$ whoopin’.

Author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    PEOPLE ASK WHY I CARRY A GUN

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

These are great!

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    The practice of carrying a weapon is a clear assertion that I am a man. By that I'm not talking about macho bull####; By saying I am a man, I mean that I am an adult, responsible for my actions, and willing to accept the consequences of them.

When you carry a gun you have in your hands (or on your hip), the ability to end any mans life. This is a massive responsibility, second only to that of raising children.

Many people are uncomfortable with that responsiblity. They believe that they can't be trusted with it, and by extension, neither can anyone else. They fall back on saying "the police" or "the government" should take care of that. Someone with special training, and the blessings of the state should be responsible, but not me, or you, or anyone else.

I can think of no clearer way of saying "I am immature, and not to be trusted".

When I carry a gun, I accept the fact that I may kill someone. I don't ever plan on doing it, I hope it doesn't happen, but it may. I am prepared for this possibility, and I accept the consequences should it happen.

A few months ago, I broke up with a girlfriend over this. She asked me what I would do to someone if they tried to rape her. I told her flat out that I would kill him. No hesitation there at all. She told me later that from that moment, she was afraid of me.

I asked her what she would do if someone tried to rape her. She said she wouldn't fight. "What if you had a gun, would you shoot the guy to stop it", no she wouldn't do that. "ok what if I was there and I shot him, would that be OK", no of course not. Finally I asked "What if a cop came along, and he shot the guy would that be ok" well of course, he's a cop.

That attitude frankly baffles, and disgusts me, yet there are so many people who hold it. They feel morally superior because they would never "sink to that level".

Personally I would consider that pretty clear evidence of moral bankruptcy.

The same applies to people who would never fight in a war, but are OK with soldiers and cops defending their rights. Oh, they'll protest, and march in the streets, but actually doing anything? No they're all above that and have disdain for everyone else who isn't, calling us savages, and rednecks, and barbarians etc...

I carry a gun because it is my right, and because I am responsible enough to exercise it. I feel nothing but pity or contempt for those who are not."

+1
    excellent post

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    One of my favorite bumper stickers. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Back at the turn of 2001, I was at home on New Year's Eve watching television. I had the door open and my dog would wonder in and out of the house at will to the back yard. Then came the report. My dog ran inside a looked at me. The next day I got the news. A man was found dead just about one hundred yards from my back door. I called the local PD and told the investigating detective that the man was shot at least once at this location but that was all I knew. The next business day I signed up for my CHL class. It had been on the back burner for years. Not even the kids shooting up the stop signs bothered me much. When a drug crazed sociopath commits murder practically on my doorstep, I took further action than just keeping weapons in my home. I wanted to extend the reach of my own protection.

BenFishing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Tyler
    Because my wife does not want to live without me.

Because if I have the right and obligation to stop someone from taking an innocent life if at all possible.

slydoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    houston
    As a child born in England and as a man living in America - Because the greatest country on earth believes it is appropriate for its citizens to defend themselves, their community and country. And that basic belief is the foundation of freedom.

Top Bottom