• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Three in Williamson off 183. Are you referring to one of these?
    *Best of the West at Liberty Hill
    *Eagle Peak off 1431 and Nameless Rd.
    *Shady Oaks also off 1431.

All strategically located near TexMex restaurants. :)

Main ATX area range I remember when I lived there was 'Crazy Richard' - and I was warned against my Hebrew ass setting foot there by multiple people.

Eli
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Main ATX area range I remember when I lived there was 'Crazy Richard' - and I was warned against my Hebrew ass setting foot there by multiple people.

Eli

I told him I was half Cherokee and was regaled with the story of how the Indians were actually aliens send by Yaweh to do something, something, something .......The Joos! Lol. He was definitely out there. Great range though. I got to shoot a Thompson SMG out there for the first time.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Sadly the Dayton Range charges per gun or person. Which ever is greatest. But 1 gun total cost $8+$2 a target is not bad for a function check.

Shot placement is everything.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    his first response was " Carter's Country does not and will not EVER sell Glocks. They're unsafe and prone to blowing up.". He then told me that the .357sig round was a fad, and that I shouldn't waste my money.

Well, he was half right.

Yep. :p

glock02.jpg

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    As for him being anti gunshow, well, do you blame him? That's competition. If you have a restaurant and you start losing business because some taco truck parks down the street and doesn't have the same overhead you do, of course you might be in favor of "taco truck bans". That's just natural.

We should ban all gun stores. Completely privatize gun sales. How about that?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    As a restaurant owner, when the competition opens up and eats into our customer base, no I do not at all think we should ban those other restaurants or even try to push them out with under the table bullshit. Instead, we create incentives for our current customers to stay with us, and for new customers to choose us. This is Texas, not Russia.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    As a restaurant owner, when the competition opens up and eats into our customer base, no I do not at all think we should ban those other restaurants or even try to push them out with under the table bullshit. Instead, we create incentives for our current customers to stay with us, and for new customers to choose us. This is Texas, not Russia.

Well said

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    We should ban all gun stores. Completely privatize gun sales. How about that?

How exactly would that work? Unless you're pouring the molten metal into a mould you made, you're going to have to buy something from a company at some point. Can't completely privatize sales and still get that Sig or Glock or Kimber. And that's where distribution and retailing comes in. In fact, there is a trend in the industry that "kitchen table FFLs" aren't able to get accounts with most of the distributors. I had to send in pictures of my hours and my storefront to get my accounts. So we have to have "gun stores" in some form or fashion for the last mile to the customers.

As for his response to being anti-gunshow, I wasn't saying it was right or wrong, but I was saying it's "natural" for him to react that way.

My response, however, will be to go to those gun shows and promote my store. To have that high of a density of interested people should be great for business. Let him protest it by not attending. I'll be happy to take his spot. When I go to the show, I'll let all the attendees know that we have the same guns for less (much less) at our store (except the out of production or collectables). We are MUCH lower on reloading supplies, MAP on any guns with that policy, lower sales tax, and don't do the upcharge for CC like most gun show guys do. Realize, that 3% upcharge adds about 20% to their profit margin! We also don't charge for parking or entry to our store.

So let Carters not go to the show. I'll go for sure (if I can get a table). I just called to see what a radio ad spot would be. $10,000 per month on talk radio. I can set up a lot of tables at the gun shows for that!

As for healthy competition, I'm for it if it's on a level playing field. Why does a person selling a "personal firearm" at a gun show to a stranger not have to do a background check but I, as an FFL, do? Where's the logic in that? Where's the logic in needing a Form 4 for an SBR but you can buy the same length AR Pistol or Bullpup without the stamp? There's a lot of illogical issues in this industry, but when it comes to competition, I at least agree that we should all live under the same rules. All do 4473s and NICS or nobody does them. I'm fine with the "nobody does them", frankly. A car dealer doesn't have to check your driving record for DWIs before he sells you a car. Specs doesn't have to check a database to see if your a drunk, wife-beater before selling you a fifth of Jack Daniels. The corner store doesn't ask a woman if she's pregnant before selling her cigarettes. And Walmart doesn't check your background to see if you're an arsonist before selling you a box of matches.

On a distantly related note, why is the left so adamant about increasing scrutiny and background checks and licensing and what not for our constitutionally protected right to bear arms, but they're not so concerned about identification and background checks when it comes to a right to vote? They claim it's impossible for some people to get an ID to exercise their right to vote, but they're not so concerned about getting that same ID when it comes to buying a firearm.

Are we still talking about Carters? OP? Oops. Sorry.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    As I said before CC's activist days were a long time back. The owner is passed on and today they are just another overpriced LGS and Range. No need to be upset.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    If I need quality ammo and can't find it. CC'S usually has it for about the same high price as Academy.

Top Bottom