• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Possibly, but wouldn't that make older models more valuable if quality were to suffer due to a move and training a new workforce? How many of those employees that have been there for decades would be willing to make the move?
    Companies do what is best for the company and for profitability. Sometimes that means leaving stubborn employees behind when the company seeks less-hostile turf.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Companies do what is best for the company and for profitability. Sometimes that means leaving stubborn employees behind when the company seeks less-hostile turf.
    So are you saying that S&W should move there business with no regard to their history, tradition and the people who work for them? I haven't heard that S&W actually wants to move, just people saying they should.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    So are you saying that S&W should move there business with no regard to their history, tradition and the people who work for them? I haven't heard that S&W actually wants to move, just people saying they should.
    I'm saying companies make decisions based upon what's best for their bottom line. The roll mark on the firearm is only important to collectors.

My guess is that S&W is making money and quite happy with things as they are . . . for now. We only see things from the outside looking in.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I can admire a company that looks back on where they came from, instills loyalty in their employees and fights for them to stay where they are. Sure it would be nice to have all the firearms manufacturers in say, TEXAS, but I would hate to see them become another Freedom Group to do so. Remington of today is a cheap facsimile of the Remington of yesteryear, and that's what I would fear.

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    When Maryland, in its usual misguided liberal idiocy passed some very restrictive gun laws, Beretta had no problem shutting down and moving the factory from Maryland to Tennessee. The head honcho from Beretta even visited the Maryland governor and told him Beretta wouldn't stay in a place where the employees couldn't buy the guns they were making. The moron governer O'Mally signed the bill and Beretta carried through on their promises.

Gun makers should refuse to manufacture in states that are anti's. Take their money to where it's deserved.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    When Maryland, in its usual misguided liberal idiocy passed some very restrictive gun laws, Beretta had no problem shutting down and moving the factory from Maryland to Tennessee. The head honcho from Beretta even visited the Maryland governor and told him Beretta wouldn't stay in a place where the employees couldn't buy the guns they were making. The moron governer O'Mally signed the bill and Beretta carried through on their promises.

Gun makers should refuse to manufacture in states that are anti's. Take their money to where it's deserved.

They should refuse any and all sales to that states .gov agencies as well.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    At the very least, when they tool up for something new, they could have opened a new plant in less hostile territory... in 2005 when they introduced the M&P series, they could have started building them elsewhere.

That way, they wouldn't uproot those that are already working on established products. I do get that angle- At least these companies didn't say they were going to move (That I'm aware of)... I'm sure some weren't happy with Magpul's decision to pull out of Colorado- but once they drew that line in the sand, it was going to happen (unless the legislature didn't go full retard- but they did)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I would be the first guy in line to buy a Colt pistol that said Made in Texas in the barrel.
    Ruger has a large facility in Arizona. They are set to move when the time comes.
    It can be done.

Moonpie,

Given my love of Colt's revolvers, you'd have to wrestle me barefooted to get the FIRST "Made in TEXAS" Colt Python.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

ONLY if Colt's"management" has BRAINS. = Is "brains" too much to ask??

yours, satx

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Don't count Ruger out on the big Smith handgun rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually come out with a stretched Super Black Hawk, or even a stretched Super Redhawk. They were out of the loop in '56 when S & W and Remington brought out the .44 Magnum, but after someone brought them empty .44 magnum cases, found in Remington's garbage, they were able to offer their Blackhawk in that caliber only a short time after Smith did.

Top Bottom