Why don't people take the media seriously?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    On McInnes, I’m not sure if there is more going on. It recently can out that his PBs actually did instigate the NY fight and since NY is trying to call them a street gang I’m wondering if his recent actions are more about avoiding getting caught in some kind of prosecutorial trap for being the “leader”. IDK.
    Well the headlines were that the FBI designated the Proud Boys an extremist group, but it's just another example of the topic of this thread. The FBI says they never designated them an extremist group. I'm sure the NYC DA wants to label them a gang, but of course they won't be doing the same for Anfita. Still, Gavin did publicly break all ties with the PBs because their lawyers said it might help the situation. Kinda disappointing really.

Gavin said in his last GOML episode that he was fired. I can sort of understand it as he doesn't really "fit" the BlazeTV brand, but he was the #2 attraction for CRTV. I suspect Michelle Malkin quit because she knew that she would get into arguments with Glenn Beck on border issues and didn't want the same thing to happen to her that happened to Tomi Lahren. Their personas are "too dangerous" for BlazeTV.

This is the conservative version of get woke go broke. No McInnes, no money.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    qewcr2xlg0721.png

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

The average citizen no longer trusts the "mainstream press", as they just simply, in all too many cases, LIE.

Trust, once lost, is difficult or impossible to regain.
    (Fwiw, I quit trusting anything that the press claims after they told so MANY outright LIES about the war in RVN & our troops.)

yours, satx

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Maybe because the media doesn't take the news seriously either, they say what they think the people will buy or what the government says they can say, IMO.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Large parts of the media are idiots and uninformed when it comes to firearms. We had a local shooting due to an argument where a person was killed. The local paper printed that he was an FFL dealer and that the FFL gave him the ability to carry a gun on his person concealed. I was an FFL dealer at one time. Nowhere that I know of granting you the magical powers of concealed carry here in Texas. The short version is that the person who shot the young man was in favor with the local GOB network and they didn't want him to be tried. A lot of the media has gone from reporting the news to being advocates. If Trump farts CNN will analyze it 1 million ways.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    toddnjoyce,

You would be correct, except that in addition to being idiots/uninformed, MANY of the so-called "news" outlets also KNOWINGLY & ROUTINELY LIE about things both great & small.

yours, satx

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    toddnjoyce,

You would be correct, except that in addition to being idiots/uninformed, MANY of the so-called "news" outlets also KNOWINGLY & ROUTINELY LIE about things both great & small.

yours, satx
    This will not be a direct quote but a synopsis of the comments.

When Major Garrett (CBS News) was talking about Bush #41 after his death he mentioned that many times he would ask the President questions and would not get a straight answer. He qualified this by saying that presidents can't always tell everything because of what is happening in the background. For some reason President Trump does not get the same respect. But, I have no way of telling that two faced idiot what I think of him.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    This will not be a direct quote but a synopsis of the comments.

When Major Garrett (CBS News) was talking about Bush #41 after his death he mentioned that many times he would ask the President questions and would not get a straight answer. He qualified this by saying that presidents can't always tell everything because of what is happening in the background. For some reason President Trump does not get the same respect. But, I have no way of telling that two faced idiot what I think of him.

Inspector43,

The POTUS knows many things that neither the press nor the general public has a NEED to know, as the facts are CLASSIFIED.
    Further, the "press" has NO MORE need to know sensitive information than the least important of the USA's citizens. = "NOBODY SPECIAL" aptly describes the "mainstream press"/reporters.
    (Fwiw, I've been retired from the USA for over 12 years & there are still some secrets that I knew that cannot safely be revealed to ANYBODY, other than those persons with a REAL "need to know".)

yours, satx

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Inspector43,

The POTUS knows many things that neither the press nor the general public has a NEED to know, as the facts are CLASSIFIED.
    Further, the "press" has NO MORE need to know sensitive information than the least important of the USA's citizens. = "NOBODY SPECIAL" aptly describes the "mainstream press"/reporters.
    (Fwiw, I've been retired from the USA for over 12 years & there are still some secrets that I knew that cannot safely be revealed to ANYBODY, other than those persons with a REAL "need to know".)

yours, satx
    We had 300 in our USAF unit and we were all cooks. Thanks for the feedback. It would be nice if the media would read our posts.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Inspector43; All,

Don't you KNOW that the press has a BLOATED sense of their own importance, when compared to "unimportant people, from flyover country", like us??

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom