Texas SOT

Why Don't You Carry Switchblade.....or do you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Busted.

And hooked-this knife just made my gotta-have list. I'm trying to decide which length.

Last edited:

smithintx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2017
    mid cities
    ok i want to know what particular knives - brand and model name you think are good that walmart carries. i want a pocket knife 5.5 inches or less of blade- all purpose, sturdy, liner lock, hand flick to open mainly for minor daily tasks, and for defensive purposes

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    ok i want to know what particular knives - brand and model name you think are good that walmart carries. i want a pocket knife 5.5 inches or less of blade- all purpose, sturdy, liner lock, hand flick to open mainly for minor daily tasks, and for defensive purposes
    I bought this for the capability to relocate the pocket clip but in real life, I've found that however it comes in the from the store is good enough. Main asset is speed safe easy open.

: http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1835TBLKST-Black-Serrated-SpeedSafe/dp/B0074FDKN8

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    I carry a "switchblade" every day...Benchmade OTF one-handed opening and one-handed closing love it

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As of 9/1 I am carrying a Microtech Makora
    IMG_2341.JPG

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I carry a Gerber assisted opening knife every day although I am armed with a Glock every day. The Gerber is the new version of the Applegate/Fairbairn knife of years past.

The Gerber was given to me by a dear friend so I retired the Bench Made assisted opening knife carried long ago.

Flash

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I carry an assisted opening Gerber EMT/Paramedic or my small Gerber folding knife daily.

I would like a recommendation on a QUALITY "switchblade" that's small/light enough to carry when I'm "dressed up".
    (I've never carried/owned a SB but can see times when "one hand opening" would be convenient/important.)

yours, satx

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I've got a couple benchmade sb's, but don't carry them much. I won't use the locks on them, and I've had them open up in my pocket, where it get a little dicey closing them up again. I really don't like the pocket clips, as it's hard and sometimes painful trying to reach in your pocket to get something out with the knife clip in place.

Top Bottom