Patriot Mobile

Why I am an advocate for RKBA and Conceal Carry.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    Our daughter’s friend called at 6:52am stating that our daughter’s boyfriend was hitting on her. We told her to dial 911 and we were on our way. We got out of bed, got dressed then drove 3 miles to her apartment it is now 7:05am. No police have arrived yet. We secured the area. The boyfriend had runoff after breaking out a window. My wife was treating our daughter’s cuts and bruises. I stepped outside to wait for the PD to arrive. As I stood there an officer drove by and never even looked our way. I went in and called the PD Dispatch and asked when they may arrive? I was told that they were investigating a shooting and it would be awhile. I said a few choice words but was not disrespectful or rude. A unit finally showed up at 7:35am.

Our daughter will be okay with cuts, bruises and black eyes, but it could have been worse.

Now I will tell you that our daughter did not choose the person I would have chose for her but it is her choice. Hopefully she has learned from this mistake.

All law abiding citizens have the right to bear arms and should also have the right to Carry a Concealed weapon for protection.

By the way, there has never been anything on the news about a shooting that weekend

Don’t get me wrong I would not have their job and think they are brave men and women, but I don’t find waiting over 30 mins. acceptable when they receive a call while a crime is in progress.
    Target Sports

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    WOW! Glad your daughter is OK!!!

my daughter lives in Florida, and had a boyfriend who threatened her once...and then when he came to make good on the threat he found himself looking down the barrels of a nice little side-by-side 12ga coach gun I had given her for around the house. He stayed where he was, sitting in the glass from the window he broke out and came in through until the police got there, almost 45 minutes later, on a call of a burglary and potential assault in progress. I had words with the captain on duty as well as the chief over that little instance, so a week later they tried to harass HER over the shotgun!

Once again, I'm NOT anti-cop, but this kind of "police work" is NOT in the public interest, and does NOTHING but cause hard feelings and mistrust between the officers and those they are sworn to protect.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    glad she is ok

hopefully she wont go back get baby girl a gun for the house.taught my girls to duck and cover in the corner of the bedroom point and click the rem 1100 auto as they are calling 911. may they catch this p.o.s soon

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Generally speaking - a guy that goes whacking on his wife, girlfriend or kids needs to abducted taken out by the border and dropped in a shallow grave as a warning. Second time he gets to stay.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Our daughter’s friend called at 6:52am stating that our daughter’s boyfriend was hitting on her. We told her to dial 911 and we were on our way. We got out of bed, got dressed then drove 3 miles to her apartment it is now 7:05am. No police have arrived yet. We secured the area. The boyfriend had runoff after breaking out a window. My wife was treating our daughter’s cuts and bruises. I stepped outside to wait for the PD to arrive. As I stood there an officer drove by and never even looked our way. I went in and called the PD Dispatch and asked when they may arrive? I was told that they were investigating a shooting and it would be awhile. I said a few choice words but was not disrespectful or rude. A unit finally showed up at 7:35pm.

Our daughter will be okay with cuts, bruises and black eyes, but it could have been worse.

Now I will tell you that our daughter did not choose the person I would have chose for her but it is her choice. Hopefully she has learned from this mistake.

All law abiding citizens have the right to bear arms and should also have the right to Carry a Concealed weapon for protection.

By the way, there has never been anything on the news about a shooting that weekend

Don’t get me wrong I would not have their job and think they are brave men and women, but I don’t find waiting over 30 mins. acceptable when they receive a call while a crime is in progress.
    I only made it to WT's post and decided I didnt wantto hear anymore of this stuff because it pisses me off. I lived in an apartment long time ago and seen this crap happen in front of me. Since its been plenty of years later, I'll be glad to say I jumped off the second floor stairs and beat the living hell out of a punk. Nobody seen a thing...
    Women have pissed me of over the years and probably will continue to do so, but I never had a desire to hit a woman in my life. I see someone doing it and im beating the hell out of them!
    Sorry, but LE aint going to be around to deal with this mess everytime it happens. I hope you are doing something to prepair your daughter for this kind of crap. Self defense starts with yourself.. This CHL crap is a real bad issue with me because I dont see why that girl should have the state permission to defend herself when LE cant get there. 30 minutes later aint helping anyone. I truly hope you have taken this serious enough to convince that girl to learn how to use some sort of weapon. Men beating women deserve to be shot!
    Good luck ...

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Generally speaking - a guy that goes whacking on his wife, girlfriend or kids needs to abducted taken out by the border and dropped in a shallow grave as a warning. Second time he gets to stay.

better yet...the first time he gets to see where the alligators live...second time he gets to see how alligator shit is made, from the INSIDE of the alligator...

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    better yet...the first time he gets to see where the alligators live...second time he gets to see how alligator shit is made, from the INSIDE of the alligator...

Just a matter of which direction you want to point the truck. Both make the point I should think. However, given the choice.....If it's east I might pack some kettle corn and camp chair to watch the show.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    but one must also explain to the daughter to never go back told both of mine iwill come get
    you but be sure when you call me cause i will catch a case and when i get you out of there you will not go back. and if he calls here or comes here break out the tape. but on the real
    when you get out stay out

Top Bottom