• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    which part? Its been a while since I looked at one so I'm not sure I can answer even if you tell me which part you are talking about.

The part that broke. If it's a casting.....bad move on the design. It needs to be CNC out of a block.

Let's be honest. The powdery break, it's cast....its Hi Point level.

No wonder the pin hole broke completely off. It's a hot wheels car.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    I cut and paste this from a different forum. I cannot confirm it's authenticity but it looks like a post from Ares Defense.

"Upper: Our MCR and Shrike 5.56 upper receiver bodies are precision machined in-house from 7075-T651 billet and are Type III, Class II hard coat anodized black in accordance with MIL-Spec MIL-A-8625 for maximum durability and corrosion resistance."

I do find it strange that I am having trouble finding this information directly on Ares Defense's web site.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I cut and paste this from a different forum. I cannot confirm it's authenticity but it looks like a post from Ares Defense.

"Upper: Our MCR and Shrike 5.56 upper receiver bodies are precision machined in-house from 7075-T651 billet and are Type III, Class II hard coat anodized black in accordance with MIL-Spec MIL-A-8625 for maximum durability and corrosion resistance."

Damn if it don't look cast. I'd like to see a forged bar break as clean as that. Cast bar would look the same.

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    The new Gear Head Works Mod 2 really transforms the firearm.

20180212_124128.1.jpg

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I wish I could get mine to run with belts. If I could get someone at FightLite/Ares/Whatever to help my barrel from detaching itself and flying out the front of the handguard while shooting would be nice too.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Not stretching your links?

Does that help with light primer strikes? It's managing to chamber the next cartridge but the 3rd shot is always hammer down on a live cartridge with a light hit on the primer. BANG BANG clunk is what it always does.

If you think loosening up the links might fix the issue I'll break out some vice grips and start pulling on them.

It runs 100% with magazines, just won't shoot more than 2 shots with belts.

I 'fixed' my other issue by wedging a piece of folded up cardboard under the QD barrel release button to prevent the barrel from launching itself down the range. Just looks ghetto as shit, I'm sure it'll be a great conversation starter.

TinCuda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2016
    I wish I could get mine to run with belts. If I could get someone at FightLite/Ares/Whatever to help my barrel from detaching itself and flying out the front of the handguard while shooting would be nice too.

If you really need help setting up your rifle, just let me know.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Ghetto aint tacticool! Fleshlight/Ares/Whatever has plenty of pissed off people out there! Wonder how the militarty sales to foreign governments are going?

I'd feel sorry for any grunt issued one of these. Between feeding issues, having to clean & tumble & stretch every link, and launching the barrel downrange plus lack of support. Maybe they should sell these to Iran and ISIS. Then they would do some good.

Top Bottom