• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwages

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2021
    Mesquite Tx
    Why does it take so long for the BATFE to process an NFA item? Don't they have access to computers? Is there such a big backlog? Do they only have one or two persons processing the paperwork?
    I'm not being critical of anyone, it just seems processing could be faster. I am ignorant of the process.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    I can't speak about the BATFE directly (or most other gov't agencies) but I did a short stint as a contract employee in a local gov't office once. They kept telling me to slow down, and while I naively took it as a joke and brushed it off, one day my Director pulled me into his office and asked me to shut the door. Knowing that I was running circles around everyone, I expected this to be a "pat on the back" conversation. How wrong I was! The conversation basically went something like "Do you like your job here? Notice how nobody else is running around in a hurry to get anything done. We don't work that way, and if you want to stay you'll slow down too."

Again - I only have the one experience to go on and it was for a small-ish local city IT position. But it explained a lot of things to me: 1) Because they can (as stated by @Hoji); 2) Because they won't hire more people (as stated by @unicom).

Bottom line: they're going to get paid whether they process 10 transactions in a day or 100 so there's no incentive to bust tail.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Why does it take so long for the BATFE to process an NFA item? Don't they have access to computers? Is there such a big backlog? Do they only have one or two persons processing the paperwork?
    I'm not being critical of anyone, it just seems processing could be faster. I am ignorant of the process.
    Nothing Gov related is a quick process. Ever been in the military? Waited on orders or processed a leave packet? That shit will sit on a desk for months before someone even touches it.

FireInTheWire

a man can be destroyed but not defeated
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1626887832916.png

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Pus, they get around 90 paid days total off a year...........

Never had a job with that much paid time off.........

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    The only time you will see the government move fast is when they are trying to push a bill through that attacks the 2nd amendment or any other right that takes power away from them and gives it to the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Look at the USPS and you have your answer.
    My mail carrier is awesome. She is a rural-contract carrier.
    Still, the system is broken.
    When I order something from Amazon, they sometimes sub it out to USPS. It always takes several additional days, and then if it won't fit in my mailbox, I have to drive 12 miles into town to pick it up. Also, if Amazon delivers, I get an immediate notification that it's been left at the gate along with a picture if the item sitting there.
    If USPS delivers it in my mailbox, I usually get a notification the day AFTER it's been delivered, saying they delivered it yesterday.
    It's called government inefficiency - plain and simple.
    Any more questions?

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo