• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I reckon since the landowner doesn't want to shoot coyotes, then he kills hogs in order to protect his livestock and pets.

:green:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Shooting them & leaving them were they fall is about the best way to try & rid a place. Anyone stupid enough to shoot a songdog when they were told not to need to be ejected.

Not having to remove a carcass, especially in hot weather. I think I would die a happy man if I had that connection.

When I think about the work that Ralph & Jimmy put into trapping hogs they earned every dollar of their pay. See both of their holding pens full was something. Watching Ralph's Rat Terriers go crazy with the aririval of a hog i the transport cage was entertaining.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Then why mention them going after livestock and pets...
    Coyotes are oppertuninist. If they are hungery and there are easy picking they easy pick. Animals need to justify the energy they use to feed themselves. That's why I never had much of a garden for the squirrels.

Most coyotes are not big enough to even take a new born calf. And coyotes don't run or hunt in pack, perhaps with the help of a mate or offspring.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Coyotes are oppertuninist. If they are hungery and there are easy picking they easy pick. Animals need to justify the energy they use to feed themselves. That's why I never had much of a garden for the squirrels.

Most coyotes are not big enough to even take a new born calf. And coyotes don't run or hunt in pack, perhaps with the help of a mate or offspring.

Then why mention them going after livestock and pets?
    Like I asked.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Oh, they will most definitely go after livestock. Chickens, lambs, baby goats etc.

Will prey on pets as well. Tons of home security video out there of Wile E taking small dogs, puppies, and cats.

Of course.

And as I stated, if that was happening, most landowners would probably want coyotes killed.

Top Bottom