• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I don't see anything wrong with pointing out corruption of those who are supposed to serve us, the public. The fact that these cops lied in their statement and said that he lunged at them with a knife is indisputable. Also, the fact that some LEO's can defend these cops actions shows an "us vs them mentality". But let's pretend we don't have any facts, let's not let a little video evidence get in the way of trumped up charges.
    This. Multiplied 10001 times!
    DK Firearms

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    You have a video clip. And a news story. You hardly have all the facts. (Re: TXI's post.) The cop may have been wrong. Not enough evidence for anyone on the internet to make an accurate decision.

So you are contending that this video doesn't directly contradict the officers statement?

Surely you jest.

Pretty clear that in this particular case the cop made a bad decision, and lied to cover it up obviously unaware that his actions were recorded for posterity.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So you are contending that this video doesn't directly contradict the officers statement?

Surely you jest.

Pretty clear that in this particular case the cop made a bad decision, and lied to cover it up obviously unaware that his actions were recorded for posterity.

I never commented either way. I never comment on these cases with partial evidence.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I never commented either way. I never comment on these cases with partial evidence.

No, you made carefully vague comments about the officer and thinly veiled insults at me for posting the thread.
    I'm ok with that, as it's your right to do so. However, if you cannot objectively view as clear cut a case as this, you're no better than those you disparaged in your initial comment.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No, you made carefully vague comments about the officer and thinly veiled insults at me for posting the thread.
    I'm ok with that, as it's your right to do so. However, if you cannot objectively view as clear cut a case as this, you're no better than those you disparaged in your initial comment.

I am being absolutely objective. Not making my mind up without ALL the available info. My comments were to the general attitude of the forum. Until your last post i didn't even realize you started this thread. There have been no personal attacks leveled at you.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The OP says "Why people distrust Law Enforcement?"

My lack of trust in people does not end at LEO's. Currently on Planet Earth, there are about 3 people whom I truly trust. Having a very large number of trusted associates does not make me a better person. Having a very small number of trusted associates does not make me a bad person. It's just the way it is.

Flash

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I've come to the conclusion that no human is capable of performing the job of police officer the way many want to see it done. I read officers are no different than any citizen, but the same people who say that want them held to a higher standard. When the day comes to hang up my gear, I will not look back. Those who willfully cause harm to others should be punished; too bad our system is never that simple. Nothing ever is as simple as the internet would leave you to believe.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
    1.) a gun free zone
    2.) your comfort zone

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The video speaks volumes IMO.

Precisely. We have been looking at surveillance systems and incidents like this is pushing us to upgrade what we want. Thank GOD people are installing/using video to then produce evidence and speak in defense of the victims.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've come to the conclusion that no human is capable of performing the job of police officer the way many want to see it done. I read officers are no different than any citizen, but the same people who say that want them held to a higher standard. When the day comes to hang up my gear, I will not look back. Those who willfully cause harm to others should be punished; too bad our system is never that simple. Nothing ever is as simple as the internet would leave you to believe.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
    1.) a gun free zone
    2.) your comfort zone

Agreed, it's the same with the military. Individuals in these professions need to be held to a higher standard; but they are still humans and mistakes are made, either purposely or accidentally. When it's the former, I have no sympathy for them and want to see them prosecuted to the full extent of the law. When it's the latter, I can sympathize but still believe they must be held accountable, as they usually are (and more so than your average citizen).

Speaking of which, I would still trust a police officer over your average citizen as well. The vast majority stand by their oaths, and sacrifice daily for the good of society. It's a job I have some insight into and despite the rare individual who abuses their authority, I still have the utmost respect for those who wear the badge. And, one thing I've learned more than anything else is that no one is more critical of bad cops than other cops!

Cheers! M2

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    This thread was not intended as an indictment on all law enforcement. It was merely to ask a question and point out that things happen which erode public trust in law enforcement. Whether the totality of the circumstances is known or not it is blatantly obvious that this officer lied on his report. It is clear that he felt the need to somehow justify his actions. Otherwise he could have simply stated the truth.

My question still has not been answered. The suspect in this case or victim rather, was charged with aggravated assault, based upon the police report, then the video surfaces and all of the sudden he isn't charged anymore. To me that indicates the district attorney and police chief don't believe the report anymore.

I am willing to bet that if I shot a man in the stomach, claiming self defense, and a video surfaced showing that I was lying about the circumstances of the alleged attack, I would be arrested and charged.
    I just want to know why the officer hasn't been.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I am willing to bet that if I shot a man in the stomach, claiming self defense, and a video surfaced showing that I was lying about the circumstances of the alleged attack, I would be arrested and charged.
    I just want to know why the officer hasn't been.
    You would have to ask the DA in that jurisdiction. Often times indictments are handed down long after the incident occured. Most LE agencies wait for a Grand Jury indictment to arrest...anyone, not just LE officers.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Agreed, it's the same with the military. Individuals in these professions need to be held to a higher standard; but they are still humans and mistakes are made, either purposely or accidentally. When it's the former, I have no sympathy for them and want to see them prosecuted to the full extent of the law. When it's the latter, I can sympathize but still believe they must be held accountable, as they usually are (and more so than your average citizen).

Speaking of which, I would still trust a police officer over your average citizen as well. The vast majority stand by their oaths, and sacrifice daily for the good of society. It's a job I have some insight into and despite the rare individual who abuses their authority, I still have the utmost respect for those who wear the badge. And, one thing I've learned more than anything else is that no one is more critical of bad cops than other cops!

Cheers! M2

This!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Meh. I don't trust anybody until they prove they are trustworthy. Police get extra scrutiny from me as a natural reaction to the fact they have a lot more power to potentially abuse than the average person.

The chief seems to be handling the situation very well; lesson seems to be nothing more than some cops are outstandingly bad and others are outstandingly noble.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I get both sides of the argument here and understand some are quick to either prosecute or defend LEO's just because of the badge. I know there are many good guys wearing blue. I also know there are some idiots and a$$holes carrying a badge.

I know about the 21' drill and would take my chances at full ready with partial trigger pressure if I was really that worried.

Take the uniform out of the equation and base the comments on the witness statements , video, and resulting charges, or lack thereof, and I think we have the same conversation about a bad shooting if it had been a chl holder.

Any doubt from anyone here that if that had been George Zimmerman pulling the trigger in that video that he would be in jail right now?

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Once upon a time there was 220px-Jackwebbbbigseptemberman.jpg and cast.jpg but now we have this swat1.jpg

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Because of

4a7e4ybe.jpg

Last time I looked, almost all patrol officers dont walk around tacd out like that and look just like Adam 12 up there.

Last edited:

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Because of

4a7e4ybe.jpg

Last time I looked, almost all patrol officers dont walk around tacd out like that and look just like Adam 12 up there.

Exactly. Every change in tactics by LE is a reaction to a change in tactics by criminals.
    And patrolman essentially still dress like they did in the 60's unless they are in a specialized unit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom