• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    Why is it that you allow some threads to run for ever and some you lock why pick and choose?
    I have been stopped by a lock because someone did'nt like my opinnion there seems to be a little clique on this forum and if you are not part of it to bad!!!

Just my .02 cents!!!

Murfdog

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i havent noticed a 'clique'

you are jsut goingt o see the msot common posters more often no matter what.

freakin' math pisses me off too. i feel ya

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It's called owning and running your own forum. Nobody ever said it was fair.

I think overall the place is run fairly though. Judgment calls are always gonna piss of somebody. It happens.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    if the thread is getting to where it is downright offensive, I understand, but short of that I would encourage the administrators to let the threads run their course.... but hey thats just me.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Why is it that you allow some threads to run for ever and some you lock why pick and choose?
    I have been stopped by a lock because someone did'nt like my opinnion there seems to be a little clique on this forum and if you are not part of it to bad!!!

Just my .02 cents!!!

Murfdog

Here's a little run down on my perspective.

I've moderated forums for nearly a decade. I've probably made a quarter of a million posts on forums, literally. I've been on forums that had absolutely draconian moderation, and I've been on forums that have no moderation, and some that even encourage, if not define, trolling (4chan anyone?).

When a thread reaches a certain limit, where the answer has been made or a certain line has been drawn between sides, there is a threshold set where it ceases to be positive. I've posted on forums long enough to understand where this limit exists, and what is to come of threads. Sometimes I am proven wrong, but the vast majority I am right. In the case of the .357 Sig thread, since this seems to be the thread in question, there wasn't any more productive substance to the argument. The original argument pitted personal experience with theoretical and well-founded evidence, that would be an example of positive argument. The retorts then drug the level of argument to a personal level, an attempt to discredit the thoughts and measure of another person. The thread at that point ceased to be productive to a 3rd party, ergo my reasoning for closing the thread.

It's a judgment call, and frankly not everyone is going to be happy. If you want to define the clique, then I'm more than happy to entertain that idea.

Lastly, I do not and can not read every thread on this forum. I rely upon the report a post feature and my time spent perusing the forum to draw attention to problematic threads.

Your thread, Murf, was closed because I answered your question in the most logical manner I knew how. There is absolutely no reason, or demand, for me to limit the size of threads. In fact, it is beneficial that threads extend beyond a simple number of posts because that means there is a demand to be a part of it. It's what makes the forum a forum.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    you are alright man, i dont care what 1troubleshooter,21Brutus,30+GSXR,300shooter,aaronspuler,AC45ACP,accumack,alsek,AmmoTwo,AresV,azndragon684,baboon,berto40,bigjim,big_bad_kitty,billt,bmwmcars,BombthePeasants,bowzette,brad8k,Brian123,Briley9,BubbaGoose,Bullseye Shooter,Burt Gummer,Butchbird,bvillars,BWT,cajunautoxer,CALI,Cawdor,cazador1022,cbigclarke,Charlie,Clay,claymore504,clydeboone,codygjohnson,cohiba550,cowboy45,cuate,c_m_shooter,D-Day,Dcav,dee,Deepsix,derdek,dmwz71,dobarker,Don,DoubleActionCHL,DrBart2,drummingchevy,dt300mm,DubiousDan,dublin,ducksps,eaglerider,eedsr,F350-6,Flashcb,fm2,fnmedallion,fuelfather,GJW1911,gladi8r,GlockontheRocks,griff383,Harley Rider 55,hog,Hondo,HuttoAg96,IXLR8,jagged97,jake75,jasont,JavaFueled,jdh,jdw999,Jeff-Tex,jgedmond,jimbo,JMATT199,jodevilgod1,jtriron,kaiserb,kerryp,kingofwylietx,kn_1840,kyletxria1911a1,latchlock,Lobo_79,lorendhenry,Lost_Thought,M. Sage,m24shooter,Madhouse,majormadmax,marceco,matefrio,MedicMan218,megafatcat,melder,Member2,Mike45,Mikel,mkburden,ml1209,Mongo,Mtn44,murfdog,Mustang-PaPa,navyguy,neverenough,norcentx1911,noskilz,OIF2,olsigsalt,On The Border,outdare,Parker,pawncop,Pawpaw40,phatcatblues,phatcyclist,pheet17,PopsXD9sc,radioflyer,Rainbolt,randomoutburst,randy4bb,Ranger60,red1027,RetArmySgt,ricor,Ric_Knight,robbo1965,robin303,RRoberts,Ruggles,San Antone RR,SC20,Seabear1500,sear!!iously,shellshook,Shiftworker,SIG-SOG,Sig_Fiend,SiscoKid,slowpoke,smschulz,spdacr,Spiff,ST5MF,subhunter,sunger,superchi,swsmailman,ta6ppc,Tang777,Techsan,Texas Bulldog,texas skeeter,Texas1911,texascop2,TexasGuns,texasislandboy,Texasjack,TexasR.N.,TexasRedneck,Texastri,TexMex247,The Lox,TheDan,TheTomcat,The_Hunter,TimberWolf7.62,tinndn,tllstaco,tumbleweed1002,tussery,Twincannons,TxAgZ28,txinvestigator,TXSUT,Vance,Vellcrow,Waco Wayne,Waterguy,Wild Turkey,willygene,Wrightwing,ZosoSoze, and ZX9RCAM say when you arent around

;) ;)

also, well said tx1911.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Here's a little run down on my perspective.

I've moderated forums for nearly a decade. I've probably made a quarter of a million posts on forums, literally. I've been on forums that had absolutely draconian moderation, and I've been on forums that have no moderation, and some that even encourage, if not define, trolling (4chan anyone?).

When a thread reaches a certain limit, where the answer has been made or a certain line has been drawn between sides, there is a threshold set where it ceases to be positive. I've posted on forums long enough to understand where this limit exists, and what is to come of threads. Sometimes I am proven wrong, but the vast majority I am right. In the case of the .357 Sig thread, since this seems to be the thread in question, there wasn't any more productive substance to the argument. The original argument pitted personal experience with theoretical and well-founded evidence, that would be an example of positive argument. The retorts then drug the level of argument to a personal level, an attempt to discredit the thoughts and measure of another person. The thread at that point ceased to be productive to a 3rd party, ergo my reasoning for closing the thread.

It's a judgment call, and frankly not everyone is going to be happy. If you want to define the clique, then I'm more than happy to entertain that idea.

Lastly, I do not and can not read every thread on this forum. I rely upon the report a post feature and my time spent perusing the forum to draw attention to problematic threads.

Your thread, Murf, was closed because I answered your question in the most logical manner I knew how. There is absolutely no reason, or demand, for me to limit the size of threads. In fact, it is beneficial that threads extend beyond a simple number of posts because that means there is a demand to be a part of it. It's what makes the forum a forum.
    Its all good man, sometimes we are just left scratching our heads a little.....
    next topic?

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    funny you should mention that.
    i'm moving this month.

ya won't in a few days, unless ya wanna help me move that is ;)

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i don't gamble.

im a baptist.

while im ont he subject, dont ask me to dance again either!

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    it was a kilt!

cant go to a scottish country dance ( or reel) in blue jeans!

btw you know why scotts wear kilts right?

and why you should never invite onyl one baptist to your party, but a minimum of two?

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    long story, involving a bottle of scotch, a quart of kerosene, 2 deviled eggs, a windmill, and a 2 1/2 dozen live roosters.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom