• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    A couple days of not getting stocked and these are the store shelves in the DFW area. This is bread isle. Milk, eggs, cheese, and other sections look the same.

nnhm.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Great reminder of how things can get, even in an event such as this. Now imagine something bigger and more prolonged. Thanks for posting.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I thought you were north of the Red River Mate.

Seen plenty of empty shelves pre/post hurricane.

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    I went to Kroger Thursday nigjt before it hit. Shelves were emptying out pretty quick. Meat aisle was pretty bare. It was surprising.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I had a delicious beef stew this evening my lovely bride canned in September.

Edit ... October

Beef%20Stew.jpg

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    The funny thing is, it happens every time there is a storm, and it's not due to any shortage in the supply chain. My son in law works for wally world distribution. Plenty of product in the warehouse, just can't get trucks in and out to restock the stores. If these company execs would ever bother to watch the same newscast as all their shoppers do, and perhaps pay just a little bit of attention to history, they could stock the stores up before the storm hit.

Of course this little story just goes to show how ill prepared our supply chain is for a real SHTF scenario.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The funny thing is, it happens every time there is a storm, and it's not due to any shortage in the supply chain. My son in law works for wally world distribution. Plenty of product in the warehouse, just can't get trucks in and out to restock the stores. If these company execs would ever bother to watch the same newscast as all their shoppers do, and perhaps pay just a little bit of attention to history, they could stock the stores up before the storm hit.

Of course this little story just goes to show how ill prepared our supply chain is for a real SHTF scenario.

Takes about 72 hours for stuff to get into emergency mode. That's why 72 hours is the minimum of preps you should have.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I was in the process of moving so I had/have zero groceries. Luckily, my family sent me back with some food. I ate steak and green beans for two days straight.

Right now my fridge has milk, water, ketchup, and butter in it. Lol.

Won't get me again.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Takes about 72 hours for stuff to get into emergency mode. That's why 72 hours is the minimum of preps you should have.

But there's no reason for it to take that long. Some manager at wally world could have watched the news Wednesday and changed their store order and received the goods on Thursday before the storm. That didn't happen. The distribution center he works at sent out minimal goods on Friday due to the weather during his shift, and even less on Saturday and Sunday. They cut hours and sent people home or told them not to come in since the trucks weren't moving.

On another note. Three days of this white stuff is more than enough. Can't imagine what it's like where you live where it goes on for months at a time.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo
    Defender Tactical