Why Zombies?

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by radioflyer, Nov 11, 2009.

1. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I've heard on many forums people stocking up on hardware for when the zombies come. I'm curious why of all the supernatural creatures, Zombies are the ones targeted most often?

main reason for asking: According to zombie lore, "killing" a zombie can only be done by seperating the head from the body or destroying the brain. (headshots only here folks) There are so many other supernatural creatures that require far less marksmanship.

*flame suit on*

2. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    No flaming here...

I believe that the reference to "zombies" is pretty much an allegorical (not to be confused with "Algore" of global warming) device to refer to the mindless and ruthless mobs that will issue forth after any disaster (which they have failed to prepare for).

Jeff B.

3. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Makes sense.

I've also heard a scant few people talk about "greenies". Are these some kind o special zombie?

4. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Greenies are okay, if they are benevolent. There is nothing wrong with making a personal decision to be conscientious of your own environmental impact. However, within the wider discussion of greenies, you will find a subset that is every bit as bad as zombies. They are difficult to physically characterize, however their political agenda and motives are such that they wish to return us to the stone ages. They prefer socialization, marxism, and having the government do everything for them. Beware of them.....they are slowly killing you right now and you don't even know it.

5. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Ah. The radical Eco-nuts that will gladly sacrifice YOUR life to save a tree. Gotcha.

6. TxPhantom

TxPhantom Active Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I've often seen the "Zombie" reference here and elsewhere. I always took it as a way of refering to the brainwashed "hope and change" liberal utopian zealots.
    To say these people are "zombies", instead of what they are, is a compliment.:texas:

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Cause you can't shoot this:

[​IMG]

BUT, you can shoot this:

[​IMG]

8. radioflyer

radioflyer Active Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Sheep Zombies!!
    www.meliweb.net/journal/journalpix/knitting/sheep_zombie_felt2.jpg

9. Lost_Thought

Lost_Thought New Member

May 13, 2009
    Why not?
    Of all the popular monster stories zombies have been around the longest (first mentioned in the Sumerian epic "Gilgamesh" 5000 years ago). They can easily fill the part of any mob you want while being socially and politically A-OK to blow to pieces.

Dont like your mother in law? If she is a zombie, there are no legal issues with clubbing her head in! Like guns? Zombies bite so guns are great!

Lastly, of all the "supernatural monsters" Zombies are the most likely to show up. Most first responders, the CDC, FEMA, and similar agencies have zombie plans. It is believed that rabies combined with something similar to mad cow disease would produce classic shambler zombies. So zombies are borderline realistic (if you ignore the rising from the grave/headshot only parts)

It never hurts to be prepared!

[​IMG]

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I've never thought of the zombies as anything other than what is in resident evil. LOL! But I do now thanks! But why zombies? Because they are the mass attackers that quickly sweep the city streets and only leave one or two survivors that are forced to shoot there way out. But I see them everywhere around me now. Creepy!