• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I've heard on many forums people stocking up on hardware for when the zombies come. I'm curious why of all the supernatural creatures, Zombies are the ones targeted most often?

main reason for asking: According to zombie lore, "killing" a zombie can only be done by seperating the head from the body or destroying the brain. (headshots only here folks) There are so many other supernatural creatures that require far less marksmanship.

*flame suit on*

Jeff B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    No flaming here...

I believe that the reference to "zombies" is pretty much an allegorical (not to be confused with "Algore" of global warming) device to refer to the mindless and ruthless mobs that will issue forth after any disaster (which they have failed to prepare for).

Jeff B.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    No flaming here...

I believe that the reference to "zombies" is pretty much an allegorical (not to be confused with "Algore" of global warming) device to refer to the mindless and ruthless mobs that will issue forth after any disaster (which they have failed to prepare for).

Jeff B.

Makes sense.

I've also heard a scant few people talk about "greenies". Are these some kind o special zombie?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Greenies are okay, if they are benevolent. There is nothing wrong with making a personal decision to be conscientious of your own environmental impact. However, within the wider discussion of greenies, you will find a subset that is every bit as bad as zombies. They are difficult to physically characterize, however their political agenda and motives are such that they wish to return us to the stone ages. They prefer socialization, marxism, and having the government do everything for them. Beware of them.....they are slowly killing you right now and you don't even know it.

radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Greenies are okay, if they are benevolent. There is nothing wrong with making a personal decision to be conscientious of your own environmental impact. However, within the wider discussion of greenies, you will find a subset that is every bit as bad as zombies. They are difficult to physically characterize, however their political agenda and motives are such that they wish to return us to the stone ages. They prefer socialization, marxism, and having the government do everything for them. Beware of them.....they are slowly killing you right now and you don't even know it.

Ah. The radical Eco-nuts that will gladly sacrifice YOUR life to save a tree. Gotcha.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I've often seen the "Zombie" reference here and elsewhere. I always took it as a way of refering to the brainwashed "hope and change" liberal utopian zealots.
    To say these people are "zombies", instead of what they are, is a compliment.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Cause you can't shoot this:

kitten.gif

BUT, you can shoot this:

z2.jpg

Lost_Thought

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    Why not?
    Of all the popular monster stories zombies have been around the longest (first mentioned in the Sumerian epic "Gilgamesh" 5000 years ago). They can easily fill the part of any mob you want while being socially and politically A-OK to blow to pieces.

Dont like your mother in law? If she is a zombie, there are no legal issues with clubbing her head in! Like guns? Zombies bite so guns are great!

Lastly, of all the "supernatural monsters" Zombies are the most likely to show up. Most first responders, the CDC, FEMA, and similar agencies have zombie plans. It is believed that rabies combined with something similar to mad cow disease would produce classic shambler zombies. So zombies are borderline realistic (if you ignore the rising from the grave/headshot only parts)

It never hurts to be prepared!

Ithica_Done.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I've never thought of the zombies as anything other than what is in resident evil. LOL! But I do now thanks! But why zombies? Because they are the mass attackers that quickly sweep the city streets and only leave one or two survivors that are forced to shoot there way out. But I see them everywhere around me now. Creepy!

goodfellas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    San Antonio
    I use it as a humorous way to justify my collection. When a liberal college student asks why i need so many guns i just say "zombies" they laugh and we move on without getting into politics.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Most first responders, the CDC, FEMA, and similar agencies have zombie plans. It is believed that rabies combined with something similar to mad cow disease would produce classic shambler zombies.

Ithica_Done.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!!?
    :eek:

Lost_Thought

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!!?
    :eek:

Both modified rabies and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease could create shambler zombies, however they would be short lived.

A disease that blocks absorption of serotonin receptors would effectively be the rage virus from 28 days later. These would be the most dangerous as they would not suffer from the late stage effects of more destructive (to the host) diseases, such as rabies.

study on serotonin blockers:
    Enhanced aggressive behavior in mice lacking 5-HT1B receptor -- Saudou et al. 265 (5180): 1875 -- Science

But mostly its all in fun ;) ...mostly.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    AR15.com has a very active zombie forum in the "general" category.

Zombies rate up there with earth orbit intersecting asteroids, hepatitis C, mimes and clowns, unsanitary motel sheets and snake head fish infestation. Did I mention unflushed toilets on urine covered flooring? Many viral and thus incurable diseases are higher on the look-out list than our current evil President. More died from Spanish flu after the first World War than from the Great War itself. We seem to worry about the wrong thing!

Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed.

This would be a good topic for The View on TV.

For now I'm going back to Zombie Central on AR15.com to inform newcomers that you cannot "kill" a true goul or zombie and must destroy them physically; stake through heart, exposure to light, fire etc. The undead
    you destroy up and personal not at 50 meters. Holy water, crucifix, previously sharpened stake/hammer and direct sun lite beat firearms. Keep a bible handy and read randon passages around Zombies. Chapter of Luke is good.

That brings me to mimes, one of the worst. I got a mime hospital patient through emergency. He killed a woman he was stalking then tried to kill himself using an imagined invisible knife. Back on the streets he acquired a real Buck knife and managed to field dress his body. One less mime to deal with but he won't be the last

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom