• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I can understand the $$$ end of it - our first house wasn't the best neighborhood, but it didn't take long for word to get out that I wasn't one to try to play games with, so we got along.<evil grin> But sometimes it's just all you can afford, and you just have to deal with it as best you can.

Sometimes you do just have to deal but I can't imagine taking risks when a lady or even worse a child is involved. Sometimes all it takes is like you said just let others know you're not to be fucked with...
    Lynx Defense

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    As was stated earlier, you could definitely make an argument for the justification of shooting back. However, you're going to be safer in the car than out, and you're going to be safer moving rather than sitting still. If you can drive, do that and do it quickly. You'll be out of handgun range in seconds.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Personally, if someone flashes a pistol at me, I'm not going to wait around to see if they start shooting. Sure I might look both ways before running a red light, but I'm hitting stepping on the skinny pedal as soon as I see them flash it. That will make them feel good and get me away from the situation.

Once the shooting has started, if you think you've got the practice and experience and quickness to draw and aim and shoot, then go ahead. Just remember if they know how to shoot you're on the losing end of the deal. If they're one of those idiots that holds a pistol sideways and doesn't look down the sights, then you've got an even better chance of getting away.

If a skilled shooter draws and fires at you before you can react, you're dead or wounded. If you come to a stop at a light and they can't hit you, should you stay stationary or let them learn how much harder it is to hit a moving target? Doing what's legal, and doing what makes sense, are not always the same thing. Shooting back may be legal, but getting the heck out of dodge might make more sense.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    That's what I used to say about my neighborhood. Had my vehicles burglarized twice in 10 months. Any neighborhood can be deemed "safe". Is it really a fact? No. Remember the BG's cross the tracks too.

4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    That's what I used to say about my neighborhood. Had my vehicles burglarized twice in 10 months. Any neighborhood can be deemed "safe". Is it really a fact? No. Remember the BG's cross the tracks too.

well see my dad lives right next door, and hes been there for 19 years, never had a promblem.....and the tracks are about 5 miles away, heck its not even that bad now, after the police got up in there.

Top Bottom