• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Guy selling a moss 930spx in here for cheap + light recoil 00 and you're good to go

Problem is that he is in Austin and I am five hours north. $475 isn't thaaaat cheap but I'll keep my eye out.
    DK Firearms

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    You could always consider 870 dropped into a bullpup unlimited kit. Reduced recoil, shorter overall length and reliable. My next purchase is a bullpup 870 kit.

1_25_08_11_7_20_15.gif

Neat idea but my wife would never go for something like that. I have wondered if I were able to pick up a Beretta Silver semi 12ga for cheap if I could find a stock that would fit? Not sure if there are aftermarket products to outfit shotguns like that?

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I was in the same position not to long ago and I went with a Remington youth 11-87 20ga for my wife and 870 youth 20ga's for my sons.

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Neat idea but my wife would never go for something like that. I have wondered if I were able to pick up a Beretta Silver semi 12ga for cheap if I could find a stock that would fit? Not sure if there are aftermarket products to outfit shotguns like that?

My wife doesn't like the look eith3r, so I said I can make it green, which is her favorite color. So zombie green works for me too. Now all it needs is a rem choke 18.5" barrel and a salvo 12 silencer. Lol. Back to stock length and she won't kill her ear drums if she has to shoot it indoors. Tac light and a laser. $2K later and it would be a complete home defense package. Of course that is a pipe dream. I don't think she would spring for the salvo 12...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    AR15.

#broken record
    I've brought that up but she does not shoot enough to remember the controls on an AR. I have to go over the entire rifle over and over each time we go to the range which for her is only about four times a year, waaay too little time on the range. So she has to have a HD semi auto shotgun since she has to be responsible for each projectile and the shotgun has far less travel than a rifle slug. Also, with the shotgun she only has to remember the safety and pull the trigger.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    AR's are more complicated?

More difficult to shoot?

In what universe?

Just trying to sound blunt. . . . .

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    AR's are more complicated?

More difficult to shoot?

In what universe?

Just trying to sound blunt. . . . .

For my wife they are. She is not a shooter like the rest of us guys and sh does not shoot as much as she should. I am very lucky that I was able to get her to shoot and make it a positive experience. Don't get me wrong as she is on board with every aspect of the need for firearms and self protection as well as the idea of prepping and self awareness she just doesn't have the experience or the time. So its my job to help her in every way that I can which is finding a firearm that she can handle and operate. I have spent a great deal of time convincing her that the 12ga is the shell we are staying with and that even though she is small she WILL be able to handle it.

I have it whittled down to a Mossberg 930 SPX 5+1 12ga with either the Mesa tube and a Magpul Stock or a Knoxx Recoil stock. A Hogue forearm a TLR2 with switch and shoot Low Recoil shells. Nothing else on board to keep it balanced and the weight down but have extra ammo in a carrier or belt.

With that, her XD45C and her Cane Corso I doubt many intruders would make it out alive. I'll take she shooting more and most likely duplicate the shotgun by buying another in the same configuration.

Fyrbyrd80

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    San Antonio
    ^^^Funny

We've been talking about this situation at home. DW can't operate the handguns reliably anymore (medical issues). She wants to keep shooting with me, and have something that she can use for home defense. I think we've whittled it down to possibly a Mossberg SA-20 railed.

theblakester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Austin, Tx
    FWIW remington reduced recoil 12 ga 2 3/4 inch OO buckshot patterned well out of my 20 inch Mossberg 500. Tighter pattern than avg buck and more evenly distributed. Less felt recoil as well. Keep in mind that adding the recoil reducing stocks are going to add weight to the gun making it harder for her to hold up and aim as well as slower. I would do without the recoil reducing stock and cut the stock stock and add a limb saver and use reduced recoil OO if y'all are set on a 12 ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom