• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HighVelocity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    I laughed but it sure looked like the woman had some pretty dangerous gun handling habits. Her finger was on the trigger and it looked like she tried to pull it but it didn't fired because it was cocked with the safety on. :eek:

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    That was awesome.I could never do this to my wife as she would kick me in the balls.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I'll admit to having laughed as well, but also think this was a very dangerous stunt and he is lucky there wasn't a ND involved. Especially since they are apparently in an urban area where the potential for collateral damge is immense. Couple that with her poor handling of the weapon and they were fortunate this is only generating laughs and not lawsuits.

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    I would appreciate if a Forum Administrator would contact me regarding the comments in this thread pertaining to either canceling my membership or letting me know why threads and comments like there are in this thread are (un)acceptable and what we, as responsible gun owners, will do, to make sure that this is not common place behavior.

It's not funny. It's not safe. And personally, as a Texan with many years of experience pertaining to firearms(including 6 years active duty with more than 14 months in the Gulf), I cannot understand why a 'Texas Gun Forum' would endorse such behavior.

Personally, I have my CHL and I am in favor of future court cases re-establishing our rights as responsible gun owners. There is nothing funny about disregarding the rules of safety or irresponsible actions with guns.

Oh, and the fact that the wife will never touch a gun again is just great. That's exactly the image we wish to portray. Let's scare away people who might be open to our cause. The gentleman in this video is an idiot, and should be properly admonished. If this forum is a place where things like that are funny, or common place, or acceptable, please let me know.

Regards,

Kerbouchard

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I would appreciate if a Forum Administrator would contact me regarding the comments in this thread pertaining to either canceling my membership or letting me know why threads and comments like there are in this thread are (un)acceptable and what we, as responsible gun owners, will do, to make sure that this is not common place behavior.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and free to express it so long as it's not disrespectful to another member. Nothing says you have to agree with what they have posted.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Personally, I really didn't find it to be funny. That's definitely not a good way to go about portraying firearms to those less experienced. Had it been a forum member that actually made the video, you can guarantee the response would be quite a bit more harsh.

*Edit* Oh wow, I thought the video in question was a completely different one. After just watching it I can honestly say, that guy is a complete moron. That was definitely some juvenile behavior. That situation could have ended up significantly worse if the gun were loaded (I'm hoping it wasn't). When I was a kid, an intelligent person once told me it's not good to laugh at someones expense. I tend to agree.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    When this forum started, it was marketed as a place to discuss the safe and responsible gun ownership. I don't mind crazy video threads and such since I still live for America's Funniest Home Videos, but this video displays a perception that every responsible gun owner is trying to reverse. I made a comment about how funny this was being the practical joker that I am, but I would NEVER attempt a stunt like this.

As far as comments in this thread, I must agree with Alan entirely.

I must now slap myself on the wrist and this thread will be locked. Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom