• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    This morning I had the pleasure of watching one of our local Sheriff's on a local news talk show.
    He was discussing the issues with the West Texas border areas.
    Recently one of our West Texas border towns had an issue with the cartels trying to smuggle a load of dope across a dry spot in the Rio Grande. The Humvee made it across the border only to find a gun fight waiting for them. They then tried to get back across to the Mexican side only to get stuck in the river.
    The sheriff then explained how the Mexican military personal came to the rescue and pulled them out of the mud to help them get back across the border.
    The good Sheriff discussed the issue in El Paso when recently the court house recieved gunshots form the mexican side of the border. He also explained how Juarez is now the murder capital of the word due to the Mexican Cartel issues.
    This morning I was thinking about the liberial opinion of Texas becomming the Wild Wild West if open carry is passed. I must say, I think its already the Wild Wild West. I would simply like to see people be able to freely defend themselfs as they should.
    ARJ Defense ad

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I have to take issue with El Paso being the 2nd safest city in the United States, with Juarez being the murder capital of the world. We have bullets from Mexico coming across the border on a regular basis. Just because the 1,800 murders this year in Juarez, happend in Juarez, doesn't make El Paso a safe place. Bullets don't care about borders or fences.

The only reason El Paso seems so safe, is because a very high percent on the folks that live here are local, state or federal LEO.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Hey man I agree with you 100% .. El Paso aint safe. Even thow all those Laws live or work there, I still wont trust the place.
    To be very honest, I dont see any reason for me to feel " protected " by the presence of LEO. I wish those boy's the best and hope they keep the crap across the other side of the border, but I just have no desire to be there. When you got that kind of troulbe just across the border, its got to spill over.
    Take care of yourself over there randmplumbingllc, and stay out of the line of fire.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Hey man I agree with you 100% .. El Paso aint safe. Even thow all those Laws live or work there, I still wont trust the place.
    To be very honest, I dont see any reason for me to feel " protected " by the presence of LEO. I wish those boy's the best and hope they keep the crap across the other side of the border, but I just have no desire to be there. When you got that kind of troulbe just across the border, its got to spill over.
    Take care of yourself over there randmplumbingllc, and stay out of the line of fire.

Thanks, I try to stay away from the border, but sometimes, it can't be avoided. Just driving down I-10 will put you in range of gunfire.

On The Border

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Things are bad all up and down the Border, and it really looks like there is no end in sight. There is so much corruption in every sector of government over there, that until they weed out the bad apples, nothing's gonna change. Just last week the federal police had a mutiny because the commanders were on the Cartel payroll.

Kidnapping, torture, beheading, mass graves, bodies hanging from bridges. It's bad, bad, bad and it's happening right next door. The Cartels have even managed to silence the media by kidnapping and killing reporters and throwing grenades at their studios and offices.

It's inevitable that it is going to spill over. The question isn't if, it's more like when.

Here's the best source for info on the Border. WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS!

Borderland Beat

And

El Blog del Narco

You'll need translation for this one, it's in Spanish. (I use Goggle Chrome and it translates it automatically)

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Things are bad all up and down the Border, and it really looks like there is no end in sight. There is so much corruption in every sector of government over there, that until they weed out the bad apples, nothing's gonna change. Just last week the federal police had a mutiny because the commanders were on the Cartel payroll.

Kidnapping, torture, beheading, mass graves, bodies hanging from bridges. It's bad, bad, bad and it's happening right next door. The Cartels have even managed to silence the media by kidnapping and killing reporters and throwing grenades at their studios and offices.

It's inevitable that it is going to spill over. The question isn't if, it's more like when.

Here's the best source for info on the Border. WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTOS!

Borderland Beat

And

El Blog del Narco

You'll need translation for this one, it's in Spanish. (I use Goggle Chrome and it translates it automatically)
    Is there much of the cartel garbage going on in Acuna? I've been wondering.

On The Border

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there much of the cartel garbage going on in Acuna? I've been wondering.

There have been some incidents, but not nearly what other Border locations have seen.

Last month a store was burned down because the owner wasn't playing well with others. The next day the police commissioner was murdered and his body was dumped at the scene of the fire with a "narco note" pinned to his chest. There are rumors of Zetas shaking business owners down for "protection".

Not being close to any major interstate highways is a saving grace for us. Most of this nonsense is over smuggling routes, and although a fair amount of dope and wets come through here. it just isn't as lucrative as Peidras or Nuevo Laredo.

Businesses over there are definitely hurting. Even Crosby's is wondering how long they can hold on without the tourist traffic. most nights they are lucky to seat 3 tables, Manuel's has opened a new restaurant over here in Del Rio because they have no business at their Acuna location. The Zocola newspaper reported that 85 businesses went belly up this year so far. That's a lot for a small town like Acuna. I was told that the Bullfights had to be cancelled this year because no one showed up (this was from a fairly reliable source, but I can't confirm).

The wife and I haven't been across the river in over a year, and when we go out on the lake, my handgun is in the glove compartment and my zombie/Mexican pirate shotgun is beside the helm seat.

It's a shame that it's come to this, Acuna is (was) a great little town. I hope they get their act together, I miss the good times over there.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    There have been some incidents, but not nearly what other Border locations have seen.

Last month a store was burned down because the owner wasn't playing well with others. The next day the police commissioner was murdered and his body was dumped at the scene of the fire with a "narco note" pinned to his chest. There are rumors of Zetas shaking business owners down for "protection".

Not being close to any major interstate highways is a saving grace for us. Most of this nonsense is over smuggling routes, and although a fair amount of dope and wets come through here. it just isn't as lucrative as Peidras or Nuevo Laredo.

Businesses over there are definitely hurting. Even Crosby's is wondering how long they can hold on without the tourist traffic. most nights they are lucky to seat 3 tables, Manuel's has opened a new restaurant over here in Del Rio because they have no business at their Acuna location. The Zocola newspaper reported that 85 businesses went belly up this year so far. That's a lot for a small town like Acuna. I was told that the Bullfights had to be cancelled this year because no one showed up (this was from a fairly reliable source, but I can't confirm).

The wife and I haven't been across the river in over a year, and when we go out on the lake, my handgun is in the glove compartment and my zombie/Mexican pirate shotgun is beside the helm seat.

It's a shame that it's come to this, Acuna is (was) a great little town. I hope they get their act together, I miss the good times over there.

I use to live in Ozona, still go down around there quite a bit. I have've been fishing down there in a long time either thow. Its too bad the mexican government is so damn idiotic because what little economy they did have is about all gone due to the cartels. I guess thats what happens when you dont allow citizens to own guns, the crooked idiots take over.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I use to live in Ozona, still go down around there quite a bit. I have've been fishing down there in a long time either thow. Its too bad the mexican government is so damn idiotic because what little economy they did have is about all gone due to the cartels. I guess thats what happens when you dont allow citizens to own guns, the crooked idiots take over.

Your last statement explains perfectly well why some of our politicians are so anxious to disarm us.

Top Bottom