• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • surftrybe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    Mission Bend
    Anyone got private land in the country that meets the criteria to be able to shoot on it? I would be happy to pay a monthly rental fee of say $100 to be allowed to do some target shooting on it.

I was was going to Rives Rifle Range...loved it, but now on the Katy side and it's quite a drive for regular interval practice.

The he irony of transplanting from Los Angeles is that while I have tons of 2nd amendment freedom now, there was a ton of BLM land in CA you were allowed to go out and shoot on.

Just a nicer experience when you don't have to worry about people you don't know with loaded guns on all sides of you. And/or being able to make the walk whenever you feel like...and...shooting watermelons is just more fun than paper targets.
    Capitol Armory ad

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Thats a tough sell for your first post.

You might want to introduce yourself a little more so the fine folks here at TGT know who you are.

I have land but $100 a month would not interest me. Clearing fence, mowing, cutting down and clearing dead trees with other land work involved would get me more interested.

Good luck, welcome to TGT.

For the regulars, new addition to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Thats a tough sell for your first post.

You might want to introduce yourself a little more so the fine folks here at TGT know who you are.

I have land but $100 a month would not interest me. Clearing fence, mowing, cutting down and clearing dead trees with other land work involved would get me more interested.

Good luck, welcome to TGT.

For the regulars, new addition to the spreadsheet.
    Hell, I'd damned near pay you for the opportunity to do the work. Being stuck in suburbia is wrecking havoc on my soul.

surftrybe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    Mission Bend
    DMC - So noted - Thank you for the reply. My apologies for starting out of the gate at light speed. If I don't find myself back to work in the next week I might just take you up on the work offer, I could stand to lose some weight and get back into shape. Being a suburb puppy I'm ashamed to admit I have none of the tools, (other than my hands) to do the job.

BG1960 - And that is why we are here sir : )

Charlie - Agreed and, yeah went text speak because I was on my ipad in bed, lazy - no excuse.

Brains - Another reason we are no longer in L.A.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    There is a lot of liablility for a landowner to allow you to shoot on their property. You do live very close to one of the best outdoor ranges in the area, American Shooting Centers.
    Welcome to American Shooting Centers

They have pistol 7yd, 10yd, 15yd, 25yd
    Rifle 50yd, to 300yd
    Trap
    Skeet
    Sporting Clays
    And they allow suppressors, and SBR's with proper documentation.
    Yearly membership is $350.00 shoot as much as you want with no daily fee, or pay by the day.

Last edited:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    There is a lot of liablility for a landowner to allow you to shoot on their property.

I'm not a lawyer but any stretch of the imagination but the Texas Recreational Use Statute does provide protections for land owners that allow recreational use on their land by others.

Here's the statute for those interested:
    http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CP/htm/CP.75.htm

Some other interesting reading: (I just skimmed them but may be useful.)
    http://cnrit.tamu.edu/cgrm/whatzhot/liabel.htm
    http://www.fortworthinjurylawyer-blog.com/2012/06/liability-under-the-texas-recreational-land-use-statute.html

Top Bottom