Will the Saxet show next weekend have anything to sell?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I've went to Academy and Cabela's last weekend and the pickings are awfully slim. What can we expect to see at Saxet next weekend? Will anybody even have anything to bring?

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    3rd Coast was selling my lowers for $399, and moved...well, they sold a lot.

I won't sell these for that much, but I am going to buy a new 5-axis mill. Consider it a Kickstarter project that gives you something now and the opportunity to get lots of stuff later ;)

Alex

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    ^^^ what you have in yo pants should be kept pvt whats up cb

LOL!!!

7929482476_791a0e1857.png

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    ^^^ what you have in yo pants should be kept pvt whats up cb

Hahahaha!!!!! Left the barn door open there.
    I was going to say jerky but someone already posted that.
    Seriously I'm just there to poke around and watch the madness as a laugh. pmags going for 40 plus and ak's for 7-8.
    And cases of way over priced ammo. If I want to go to real gun show I go to the one in Dallas.

Last edited:

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Talking to folks at SHOT...didn't talk to everyone, of course, but my spy network, err, friends are a broad cross section of the ammo and shooting sections of the industry. Ammo...backordered six months to a year. AR pattern guns, six months to a year. Popular magazines (AR pattern), a year.

Meaning that if everyone quits buying now, the last pending orders would be filled about this time next year.

The AR folks (and I know a few of them quite well) are worried that if all this dies down, then the same thing that happened three years ago will happen again...the backorders will get cancelled, as Bubba J ordered the same AR from ten shops and only paid for the first one that came in. The other nine are left in stock. That is considered "bad" for any industry ;)

Alex

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ...and that's exactly what I expect will happen. Unless folks made significant deposits, 9 of the 10 guns they "ordered" will never get picked up by the guy that ordered 'em.

Then again, when folks finally realize that the ammo isn't threatened, there's gonna be a lot of it on sale....right before their credit cards come due!

Top Bottom