• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'm still considering Allen West in the primary. I've watched and listened to him for years and like his conservative message. I met him at my local gun range recently and said, "hello Mr. West" He said "call me Allen". He saw my Let's Go Brandon tee shirt and loved it as he gripped my hand. He was buying ammo for his .380 he was open carrying. Come to find out he lives locally, the owner of the range says he is a member, is supporting him, my family all like him and I had no idea. He sure seems the real deal after chatting for 5 minutes.
    Honestly, this from West's website is why I can't vote for him:

"This may anger some, but there are instances where neither you, nor I, nor the government should be involved when a woman has to make a very difficult choice. Those choices are when her body has been criminally violated, or when it is her life at stake."

If life is worth protecting, it's origin is beside the point.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

"This may anger some, but there are instances where neither you, nor I, nor the government should be involved when a woman has to make a very difficult choice. Those choices are when her body has been criminally violated, or when it is her life at stake."

Nope. The government truly has no business in a medical decision between a doctor and a patient . I also don’t believe a rape or incest victim should be forced to be reminded of their trauma daily for 9 months unless they choose to do so voluntarily.

Anyone that can look one of these survivors in the eye and claim Jesus planned this for them is scum of the lowest order.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Nope. The government truly has no business in a medical decision between a doctor and a patient . I also don’t believe a rape or incest victim should be forced to be reminded of their trauma daily for 9 months unless they choose to do so voluntarily.

Anyone that can look one of these survivors in the eye and claim Jesus planned this for them is scum of the lowest order.
    Gonna strongly disagree. Killing the baby doesn't undo the act. If it's ok to kill a baby from rape, then you've given up the moral high ground because then, honestly, abortion is a matter of preference, not ALWAYS wrong because it ends an innocent human's life. You can't be truly pro-life and be a butter at the same time. You guys should know that. We deal with 2A butters all the time, no?

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

How about the "or when it is her life at stake". And don't think that women don't die in pregnancy, I can attest to that happening.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    How about the "or when it is her life at stake". And don't think that women don't die in pregnancy, I can attest to that happening.
    If you try to save both, and fail, at least you tried. If one dies in the process, that's different than intentionally killing one with no immediate necessity.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Abortion discussion will bring out the lord of thunder and possibly arkancide of the thread.

Just sayin.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I agree end the abortion talk if it's a taboo. I'm rather new so don't know all the rules. As with many extended threads, the original topic often gets lost in the forums I visit.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I got no problem telling everyone how wrong they are bit it's a trip down a verboten rat hole.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If you try to save both, and fail, at least you tried. If one dies in the process, that's different than intentionally killing one with no immediate necessity.
    I don’t want to debate abortion but the reality is that when the pregnancy kills the woman the fetus dies too. I believe this is what West was referring to. I am for Abbott but don’t hold this against West.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I'm just sayin' that West has issues. I'm sure Huffines has some, too, but he seems more principled. If we can't discuss the why of the vote, why bother?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Any life is forfeit when it is legitimately threatening another. If my wife was pregnant and needed chemo or was having life threatening medical problems I might consider our options. Beyond that life is life and ending it because it is inconvenient or bad memories is not justification.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom