• ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Police are vetted better than CPS and have way more oversight.

Its a fun "looks bad" point to make, that is along the lines of the left and their "Trump separates families at the border" BS. Yeah, when you get arrested, the kids and the rest of the family don't get to go.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I know that. I just thought how the kid might have been terrified.
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    No, they shouldn't have arrested her.
    So I will ask you again. You think drunk drivers should get a pass and not arrested?

IMO, and several others, including a serving police officer, would have arrested her for driving under the influence.

That officer did a field sobriety test, and made a judgement call to arrest Mrs. West.
    Don't have any and if I did you most likely would still cry. Funny though, how they dropped all the charges.
    Maybe you ought to back off the conspiracy theories about politically motivated arrests until you have some proof.

And before you even start to criticize my comments or opinions, I'm a big fan of Allen West, and if it gets to the point he becomes a viable contender for governor, I will be giving him heavy consideration, and it's even possible that I might vote for him.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    So I will ask you again. You think drunk drivers should get a pass and not arrested?

IMO, and several others, including a serving police officer, would have arrested her for driving under the influence.

That officer did a field sobriety test, and made a judgement call to arrest Mrs. West.

Maybe you ought to back off the conspiracy theories about politically motivated arrests until you have some proof.

And before you even start to criticize my comments or opinions, I'm a big fan of Allen West, and if it gets to the point he becomes a viable contender for governor, I will be giving him heavy consideration, and it's even possible that I might vote for him.
    She wasn't drunk.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    She wasn't drunk.
    The officer didn't know that when she observed her driving erratically, or performed the field sobriety test. In her determination, she thought Mrs. West was under the influence.

I'm very pleased she passed and was exonerated and the charges dropped, as they should have been. An arrest isn't a conviction, and the system worked.

What if Mrs. West had been drunk, and the officer ran the plate, knew who the vehicle belonged to and decided to turn a blind and ignore it, and she got into an accident killing, or injuring herself, the grandchild, or another driver?

Would that be acceptable to you? For some reason, you either have no clue how dangerous drunk drivers are, or maybe you have had a few DWI's and think they should get a pass.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It means she did nothing wrong.

No. Just no. Words mean things; it this case it means the DA decided not to prosecute. Prosecutors like to win whether the evidence supports the charges or not. While that is most likely due to lack if supporting evidence, there’s plenty of history showing DAs railroading citizens into a conviction via trial or plea where the evidence just does not support the charge. T.T. Carroll comes to mind.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    No. Just no. Words mean things; it this case it means the DA decided not to prosecute. Prosecutors like to win whether the evidence supports the charges or not. While that is most likely due to lack if supporting evidence, there’s plenty of history showing DAs railroading citizens into a conviction via trial or plea where the evidence just does not support the charge. T.T. Carroll comes to mind.
    I see, thanks. Always good to have the straight scoop.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I think some people are only happy if the Democrats are in charge and they can piss and moan about how the Democrats are in charge. I'd rather have imperfect Republicans that support the bulk of what I believe in than modern Democrats of any flavor.

I hate the two party system with a passion but it is so entrenched in American politics that protest votes alone won't fix this system.

Damn. How many active arguments can we have in one thread?

All of them.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    There was ample probable cause for an arrest there.

Why do insist they should not have arrested her?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    It's my understanding she had consumed no alcohol and tests showed that to be the case. How could the officer smell alcohol when none was consumed? It's just my opinion.

Top Bottom